Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Spontaneous Weekend

Last week while I was in Lincoln, I went to the Sacramento temple with my parents and their ward. It was a very nice evening. Afterwards we (my parents and I) went and ate at Leatherby's I haven't had an ice cream sundae in forever, so the one we got was delicious to me!! Last weekend Jason and I were in Santa Clara and decided spur of the moment to go home for the weeekend. Jason's brother, sister and Dad were all in town. So we left Saturday morning and hung out the rest of the weekend. Saturday we fixed Jason a Cioppino (a fish stew that has mussels, clams, scallops, shrimp and fish) because he wanted that for his birthday dinner. Then on Sunday Jason's Mom made her famous lasagna and invited my family over and we celebrated Jason's birthday. We were very glad we decided to make the trip since we are heading back to Provo soon and don't have much time left to spend with our families.
Mom and I with our ginormous (yes that is officially a word now) sundae
Dad with his dessert
I forgot to mention on Thursday night they have free concerts in the park in San Jose so we went and saw Mandy Moore. We didn't stay long it was sooooo crowded. I know you can barely see her but oh well, use your imagination
Dinner with the Millers (and non-alcoholic wine, we weren't very big fans)
Mike and Michelle ( I convinced them to watch High School Musical with me, then we liked it so much we watched HSM 2 right afterwards)
Jason with his birthday cake
Mike, Michelle and Letty
Jason and I

5 comments:

Stacie said...

I'm pretty sure you spell it gynormous!! It seems like High School Musical is taking over the world! I love leatherby's, we used to go there all the time when we were little.

Lance and Becky said...

Those sundae's look soooo good! I wanna go to leatherby's now (I don't know how to spell it?)

Tammy & Gabe said...

Yeah, Gin I am not sure if it is is officially in the dictionary yet, but I have to agree that it is a word used often nowadays. I love Leatherby's too. We used to go there after we got baptized.

Miller Family said...

I will have you know that I looked up ginormous on an online dictionary before I included it on my blog. So...1. It is a word and 2. It is spelled correctly. Thank you very much. I would never put a new word on my blog without doing the research!

The Hills... said...

Yay for Sacramento! I love Leatherby's. Happy Birthday Jason!