I have been friends with Stacie since we were little babies. It is so fun to get together with her. I really miss all the friends I grew up with so it is fun to get to hang out with Stacie...it brings me back to the good times! We got ice cream at Dairy Queen, played a new card game, and I kicked Stac's butt in Boggle (she beat me last time so our next game will be the big tie breaker). Thanks for coming Stac, your welcome anytime!
Now onto the car part, it may come as a shock but we are looking at a Ford (gasp)!!! I know many of you are thinking, "how can a car guy like Jason be wanting a Ford?" Well I'll let Jason explain:
We find ourselves at a crossroad where we must get a new car (our 2 door Civic with 220,000 miles is just not big enough). We first wanted to get the new 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid or 2010 Toyota Prius (they come out Summer 2009). However unlike most people, Jason and I are the kind of people who buy one car every 10 years not every 3 years. Therefore a standard five passenger car isn't going to work for us a few years down the road. Our future need to seat more passengers forced us to confront the choice of Minivan vs. SUV. Jason just can't get passionate about minivans, and neither of us wants a gas guzzling, pain in the butt to haul kids around in SUV, so that led us to the 2009 Ford Flex. It came down to 8 things that made the Flex the best option for us:
- We like the funky 'Think Different' styling of the Flex
- Ford is an American owned company
- Ford just surpassed Toyota in J.D. power associates quality rankings
- Ford is the only company to offer the Microsoft Sync system (about the only good thing to come out of Microsoft recently)
- The Flex seats 7, tows 4500 lbs, and still gets 24mpg
- It can be bought new for about 22k
- All the reviewers love it, from Motor Trend to Car and Driver.
- And finally, we took one for a 3 hour test drive on Saturday and we both loved it.
Picture of 2009 Ford Flex (we like this color)
Now check below for new pics of Ollie :)