Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Busy Busy

This post is a random selection of what we have been up to this past week. We are slowing getting completly moved into our apartment (pics will come soon), which is in Campbell, a nice little town about 8 miles from Apple.  Jason is really looking forward to his "commute", 16 miles a day on a bike doesn't sound like too much fun to me but he is looking forward to it. I am currently waiting for the delivery of our couches and dining room set. Tomorrow the movers come with all the rest of our stuff. Then next week we should get our mattress and recliner. After that we just need a TV, coffee table, end tables, lamps and our bedroom dresser to get in at IKEA. We avoided purchasing any furniture for almost 5 years of marriage so now we are hitting it hard and getting lots. I think it is fun, minus the large amounts of money being spent.

Jason is really liking his job. He is in the same area he was in last summer so he gets to see all his friends a lot. He is doing project management right now, and really likes it. In 6 months he will switch to another department of his choice, since he is part of a program where you get to explore different areas of the company to see where you fit in best. It is a really neat opportunity. He saw Steve Jobs yesterday at Cafe Macs, I don't know if he will ever get used to that, he is kind of like a celebrity.  Last night we had dinner with a couple other couples from BYU doing internships at Apple.  Apple now recruits at BYU, which they didn't do when Jason got his internship.  I like to think it has to do with the awesomeness of my husband and the other BYU intern from last summer.

Last weekend I went home again and left Jason here. I got to go to my cousin Mary's little boy Jake's 1st birthday party, and my cousin Stephanie's bridal shower. I also screened some patients for possible board candidates (neither of which are going to work unfortunately). Boards are coming up quick and I still don't have a patient but I'm not as stressed as I should be, partly because I'm stressed that if I'm too stressed it will cause stress to the baby...got it? Plus we have way too many other things going on to focus on it. I'm just praying it all works out.

Lastly, two weekends ago when we were up in Auburn/Lincoln, Jason visited a bike shop with his Mom, where he found the bike he has been wanting for me (for quite a while now) on a good sale, as well as a commuter bike for him. When he called me I promptly told him they would have to wait, and that diapers and wipes were of more importance right now. Well Jan really loves her son and this past weekend when I was up there she surprised us by getting us both of the bikes he was drooling over, as early birthday presents. I love mine, it is so cute. I haven't ridden much due to my current state, but I can't wait to get a little bike trailer for our little guy. Our apartment is right along the Los Gatos trail, which is kind of like the Provo River trail, so hopefully I will get out there and get my butt back in shape. Jason is excited for his bike because he can keep his nice bike in pristine condition and use this bike for his everyday commute to work. Jan is so sweet and we totally appreciate her getting them for us. Now for some pictures.

Jason on his first day of work, notice the project management book courtesy of the Santa Clara library, he is prepared.
My Mom, Chrissy and me at Jake's party
The birthday boy enjoying his cake
This is my friend Megan's adorable daughter Willow, she was so happy and fun!  I love her dark eyes and adorable cheeks!
Alyssa was really good at getting her to smile
Me and the bride-to-be Stephanie
Me and Chrissy
Steph and Lys
Oh I threw this random 36 week pic in, we are in the home stretch, I can't believe it!!!
Jason with his sweet single speed
Both of us with our new bikes

Me with my Bianchi Milano, isn't it cute!

10 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is a way cute bike! :) How fun! Is Stephanie Engaged to Matt?

How awesome!

Glad you were here and thank you for the thank you card HA HA you didn't need to send me one. :) But thanks anyway! :)

I can't wait until we get to do the BIG spending :) (on furniture) we are like you guys, Holding out :) so far the only thing that is officially ours and new was our bed. But that is ok. :)

Lori said...

Oh you're looking just too cute! I can't believe you only have a few weeks left!!! I'll make sure to get my "tips for new mommies" email ready soon so i can send it your way.
It sounds like everything's falling into place there in california, so yippee! Lots of stress i'm sure, but lots of fun good times too.

Ryan and Ashley said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl! You dont even look chubby you just have this huge belly, so cute! be sure to post pics of your new place and good luck finding a patient for boards

Jeff Brown said...

Gin thanks for the update! I can't believe your belly, I love it. Anyway the crazy Dr. that my mom-in-law forced me to go to says that I will be pregnant in 6 months and that there are 3 little spirits are waiting. Both of them were driving me up the wall!!!!! I am praying for you to find a boards pt. it will work out. If you need be to screen pts in Utah and help get them flown out to Cali you let me know!!!

Melissa said...

Ginny! You look so cute. I miss everyone so much already! Good luck finding a boards patient and don't stress. It will be over soon! Keep in touch!

ixoj said...

Love your bike. And I'm excited to see pictures of all your new ikea stuff!

Oo, and last night I made a pizza that made me think of you (remembering the delicious gorgonzola lasagna wraps you made us). It's pretty tasty...

http://www.epicurious.com/
recipes/food/views/
CARAMELIZED-ONION-AND-GORGONZOLA-GRILLED-
PIZZA-242597

The Evers said...

Man Gin I can hardly take how cute you are! Your belly is huge, yet you are managing to not get huge everywhere else! Hey I need to call you back, I am so sorry I have been so sick! We need to catch up, I am glad you are doing good out here!

Jessica Martiele said...

Okay, a few things...

LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!!!!! WOOHOO! (Though I have to admit, they're WAY easier to care for IN your tummy than OUT!)

Another thing...THAT'S your MOM!?!?! (You must get this reaction a lot, but...) She totally looks like she could be your sister. Maybe it's just the photo, but...younger sister. Wow. Tell her I envy her like I envy Barbie. Good times.

Fabulous bike. Lookin' all European. How awesome would that be with the baby in a trailer in the back?

Finally...congrats on the furniture, but more specifically, on getting to choose your own. Oh, and if I didn't say this in a post a million years ago, congrats to Jason on turning his Apple obsession into an iJob. :) You guys rock.

Brooke S. said...

I can't believe how great you look! Buying new furniture is super fun - we bought some when I was working full time...but it'll probably be many a year before we get more.

Derek and Emily said...

Isn't it crazy the things we do right before babies come. Derek and I moved into our new place, furnished it and bought a new car the month before Ethan arrived. It must be part of that "nesting" thing.