Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our Life: Chapter Two

Update on life in CA:
So we finally made it.  We flew into San Jose Sunday afternoon, picked up our rental car and headed to my wonderful friend Stacie's place in San Ramon.  She made us a delicious dinner and it was so fun to hang out with her, I am glad we will be so close for the next little while.  We spent the week mainly looking for housing.  My hopes of a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom apt or house were quickly shattered by our rental agent who basically told us that would not be possible based on what we wanted to spend.  So we settled for looking at 2 br 2 bath places.  Let me just say it is sooooo expensive here and with a 98-100% occupancy rate, finding a good deal has been difficult, but we are pretty sure we have found a place.  I will post more about it later as we have a few more options we are looking into.  We headed home this weekend to hang out with our families and for my baby shower (see below).  We are now back and Jason starts his first, real, I'm-an-adult-now job tomorrow.  His internship last summer really helped him to not be too nervous.  I told him to try to stay a little nervous so he still has that new employee ambition and enthusiasm.  Tomorrow I have my first (35 week) appt with my new doctor, we have a lot to discuss and iron out (ie: where I will deliver, etc).  I'm not gonna lie, we have both been a little stressed with all the life changing things that have recently happened or will soon be happening, but we are so excited at the same time, that is why I named this post chapter two, it is a new chapter for us, and our lives will never be the same, but we can't wait.

As you probably know by now I am obsessed with my darling niece, here she is sporting her super cute A-line.  Everywhere we went this day she was getting compliments, keep in mind she is 4 years old and quite a trend setter (I copied her...see below)
From the back
Mommy and daughter, both so beautiful!!


Baby Shower:
My baby shower was in my hometown of Lincoln on Saturday.  It was held at the Boatman's lovely home.  We had planned on having it outside but of course the weather didn't cooperate, it was 109 degrees!  So we had it inside.  It was great to see so many people I grew up with and so many awesome people from my life in Lincoln.  Everyone was sooooo generous to us, we are really blessed, and our little guy is going to be so well dressed!!  I am really appreciative to the Boatman's for opening up their home, and to my wonderful Mom and Mother-in-law, it was a beautiful shower and I really appreciate all their work.  And thanks to everyone who came and to those who couldn't make it but wanted to be there! 

My silly sisters
The Ommen gals (minus Tam and Tiff, we missed you guys)
Hanging out
My cute mother in law Jan
The beautiful hostess, Maria
My cute Mom
My Grandma, Aunts and me (btw, I cut 10 inches off my hair, I like it, it feels refreshing!)
My friend Megan put all the gifts on display, didn't she do a fabulous job!
My cousins and me (with Stacie in the background

Me and my sisters

Chrissy and Nicky
Megan, Stac, me and Chrissy (we are just missing Tam and Brendi)!!!

15 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

So, if I had to choose between 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, I really don't know what I'd do! I'm glad you're starting to find places that work for you guys!

And I LOVE your haircut. And your baby shower. And your baby. =) He's going to be so well-dressed!

Tammy & Gabe said...

Ahh... I wish I could've been there! I didn't know you were having one, until Stacie told me she was going. Man! you got lots of stuff from the shower though, that's awesome! I can't wait to see little baby Miller! Any names picked out for sure yet? Anyway...we have to get together when I come home in July/Aug, unles you are in labor!

Tammy & Gabe said...

Oh I forgot, I like your haircut! It feels good to go short huh?

Jeff Brown said...

Who is this posh spice and what has she done with my friend Gin? The hair looks great it looks like you had a fun time at your shower. Miss ya.

Shelley

Taryn said...

Wow, you got some serious loot! And I love your hair, it looks great on you.

Ryan and Ashley said...

Holy cow! your hair is way short, it like it its cute! It makes me want to cut mine. Your little baby is going to have the cutest clothes! Good luck on finding a house.

bren said...

Oh my gosh, your haircut looks so good! I just love the a-lines! Very cute and refreshing. You got some awesome gifts too, I wish I could've been there.

ashley marie said...

man her hair is so cute I might copy it!! you got a lot of good stuff! how fun!

Megan said...

whoes the heffer stuffing her face?! oh wait....its me...*sigh*. Anyway, I had a lot of fun at your shower! you got some awesome things. (sorry about the fat-arm picture...it was either that or sweaty arm pits. though i must say neither look very pleasant). it was so good to see you! cant wait to see more of you kids.

The Good Life said...

Ginny,
I love your hair! Congratulations on Chapter Two we can't wait to make it there. You are such a darling pregnant lady. Good luck finding a place and settling in. Before you know it the baby will be here. Can't wait to meet him.

Megan said...

Cute hair! I'm glad that the move is going well for you. I am probably more nervous about our move than actually having a new baby...haha. I'm sure I will have questions for you in the coming weeks. You look so cute!

Lori said...

When you guys get an address, let me know- I definitely want to contribute something to baby boy miller.
I don't blame you or jason for being a bit edgey with so many huge changes all happening at once. I hate that you're not here, but I'm so excited for you. At least we will always be able to stay in touch through our blogs at the very least. Best of luck with the last month of pregnancy, it's a doozy!(hmm,i dont know how to spell doozy... i'll assume you know what i mean).

Melissa said...

Ginny! You are so adorable. I love the new hair. It looks like you had a great time at your shower and I'm glad you are adjusting to California!! Keep in touch and good luck with everything!

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

You look great, Ginny! And a big Congrats to Jason on becoming a grown-up!

The Evers said...

Cute hair Gin! Oh I love showers am glad you had a fabulous one! I wish I was there it is killing me! Call me when you get a free minute! Love you!