Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our New Home

This is for those of you who have asked for pictures of our new place, well here you go.  We are living in the very cute town of Campbell, CA, population 39,200. Campbell has San Jose to the north and east, Los Gatos to the south and Saratoga to the west, for those familiar with the area.
This water tower you can see from our windows, we are within walking distance of downtown, which is fun since they have lots of cute restaurants downtown and lots of fun events always happening


Part of Downtown Campbell
Oh hello, thanks for visiting, let me give you the grand tour...
When you first walk in, this is the hallway you see (it needs a rug), the living room is directly to your right, the baby's room and spare bathroom are down a hall way to your right, the dining room, kitchen and laundry room are to your left and our bedroom is straight ahead to the right, got it, ok lets move on
Baby's room, when you first walk in and look to the right, our sweet baby boy will be sleeping here soon, we can't wait!
Baby's room looking to the left
Oh did I mention the baby's room doubles as a office/guest bedroom (imagine the Aerobed blown up) so this is where you will sleep when you come to visit (don't worry the baby will sleep in our room).
This is the bathroom that will be yours during your visit with us
Ok so this is from the front door looking to the left (I also need to get a rug for under the dining room table).  I wanted a bigger kitchen than we had before, I think I have more cupboard space, but the kitchen is still pretty tiny, its ok, someday!
Right side of kitchen, that closed door is the laundry room
Here is the laundry room, pretty standard
Ok this is from the front door looking to the right
This is from the hall looking back on the living room
At the end of the hall to the right is our bedroom, this is what you see when you first walk in
This is looking from the window with the fan
Jason's side of the bed (we are looking for a big, bold piece of artwork to put above our bed)
The master bath is off the left side of the room, this is looking at it from our bed, there are closets on both sides of the mini hallway to the bathroom
From the shower looking back into the room
Ok this is our little patio/deck, you can access the deck from any of the bedrooms, this is looking from the baby's room
From our room
From the living room
From the outside


This is the apartment community pool you can swim in when you come visit

This is the 10 mile Los Gatos Creek Trail that our apartment complex has direct access to, when you come visit we will go on walks on it!
Anyway, there you go, the grand tour.  We really like our little place, the town we live in, the area and especially the weather (we rarely hit temps above 85 degrees, we hang out at about 75 all summer long).  We don't love the high prices but we recognize we are paying for all the wonderful things I mentioned above and for now it is worth it.  We love visitors, so if you are ever in the area please call us, even if you just need a place to crash for a night, you are more than welcome!

12 comments:

KaLee said...

Ginny--I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with "problems" in the woods. :) Loved the apartment tour--I love seeing where people live so I can picture it all in my head. Can't wait to see pics of your new little guy!

Ryan and Ashley said...

Cute place! I love all of your furniture (especially in the bedroom). I cant wait for you to have the baby you will do great.

Lori said...

Sam and I decided that if he gets a job at apple or somewhere else in the area, we'll all just pool our money together and get a house with you guys that we can share upstairs and downstairs, it will be a party all the time!
It looks like you have a great place, I'm excited for you.

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is SUCH a cute place! How fun you were able to start from scratch!! :) and I LOVE black and white bed rooms :) I took a picture and we are going to have it screened onto Wall paper, or a giant Duvet (we havn't decided yet) and make our room balck and white :) Very very excited :)

We will have to come visit some time! We try to go visit our friends in San Fran every once in a while, I don't know how close you are to that, but that would be fun! :)

bren said...

Hey, your apartment looks really cute and what do you mean you can't decorate? It looks really good, especially your bedroom. I'm redoing my bedroom when I get back to Idaho, don't know how yet though. It's exciting. Anyway, the baby room also looks all ready for your babe.

Nicole said...

What a cute cute place! I love it!! You have it looking so fabulous...all the furniture is gorgeous. I LOVE your room, your shower curtain is very cool. It's so fun to be able to picture where you're living. :) I am SO jealous of the amazing weather. Someday I will end up back in CA...for now I will just dream of the beaches. hehe
Good luck with your little guy. You will do SO amazing and everything will work out perfectly. Even if it doesn't turn out exactly how you planned...that's okay because you will have a sweet little one to snuggle with and love!! Good luck. Can't wait to hear how it all turns out! And of course to see pics. :)

The Evers said...

Cute! It is crazy to see your place with your very own furniture! You did a great job picking things out! I cant wait to come visit...soon!

Stacie said...

I really like your decorating. It's really nice. I don't know why, but I like decorating bathrooms, and I must say, your themes are quite inspiring. Your bedroom is good too. A picture will look really cool above your bed.

Jeff Brown said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun shopping and decorating. You did a great job I can't wait to come visit and see your baby!!!!!!! Good luck, I am praying for a quick, easy, healthy delivery for you!!

Tammy said...

Gin I love your new place and especially all your new furniture! Its so hip and stylish! I cant wait to come visit sometime!

Anonymous said...

I bought the same rocker/recliner that you have when Mia was born, and lived in in for the first couple weeks. I loved it. Good luck with baby!

Bethany Knudsen (I'm posting from my husband's comp and it doesn't let me log in)

ixoj said...

I LOVE your bedroom furniture!! Nice place!