Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun Times With Family

This weekend my family came up and visited us.  They wanted to see our new place (even though we are still in transition) and my sister came up to assist me during my dental hygiene boards, which are now over and went really well, I think.  So I will break the weekend down.  I'm sorry I have been so long winded lately, there is just lots going on and I want to be thorough so I remember it all!!

Boards:  I found a patient on Tuesday (in the Home Depot parking lot) and he was the nicest guy.  He is from Guatemala and has 6 kids and a wife still over there.  Those of you who have taken any kind of clinical board exam know that finding a reliable patient is hard to do.  Well this guy was reliable, he called me the day before the exam(I was planning on having Jason call him when he got home) to make sure I was still coming the next morning.  Then after my test on Saturday he called and thanked me, so basically I love him.  The test went well, he qualified on my first submission and another girl in my class used him as well, so he made lots of money and got half his mouth cleaned.  Jason and my sister made the trip to SF with us, Jason to translate, and Chrissy to be my assistant. I really appreciate them being there for me, it meant a lot.  Now I just have to wait 6-8 weeks to find out if I passed.  I spend so much of my life waiting, but I'm OK with it, I have a baby coming to take my mind off of it.

Baby:  I will be 38 weeks this week, so I am full term.  I have an appointment tomorrow and I will post any serious progress I am making.  With all the stress I have been under with the move and boards, you would think I would have gone into labor by now, and I haven't, so I think this little guy will hang out as long as possible, which is fine by me, I want him to be big, fat and healthy.  We had a consult with a very highly recommended pediatrician on Friday.  We REALLY liked him.  He is a big Apple guy, so he and Jason hit it off right away, and that was the talk for a majority of our visit :)  I'm glad to have that taken care of, I think we are pretty much set.

Family:  We had my entire family here this weekend, which I loved.  There were nine of us total since my brother decided to come at the last minute (he is living in Reno), and since Chrissy brought her boyfriend Dave.  My parents came Friday afternoon, so we hung out and made dinner at home with them.  Everyone else came later and we pretty much went straight to bed since a lot of us had to get up at 4:30am for my test.  The rest of them went to Santa Cruz for the day (while we were in SF) and had a great time.  Saturday night Campbell (our new town) had a "Bands and BBQ" event downtown, so we walked down to that.  We had dinner and enjoyed the festivities.  We came back and played games, it was great.  Chrissy, Dave and Alyssa left Sunday morning and the rest of them stayed, went to church, ate lunch and hung out with us most of the afternoon. It was a great weekend.  I love my family, and it is such a fun time because we are all old enough to get along really well and enjoy each others company.  We are loving living so close to family.  Here are some pics from the weekend.
This isn't from the weekend but I thought it was cute.  Since I have become hugely pregnant, Jason puts my shoes on for me so I don't have to bend down, this is him caught in the act
Dad and Lys on the beach in Santa Cruz
Letty, Dave and Jack, so excited to be in Santa Cruz
Jack, Alyssa and Jason on the way to the Bands and BBQ event
Me and my sisters
Us
The fam
Letty has been teaching Lys how to make ugly faces, I think she has done a pretty good job
All the kids
Jason and Lys dancing

My parents are cute!

Lys fell asleep like this, it looked like she was kissing her bicep, so Letty imitated  
Everyone wanted cookies but I didn't feel like making them, so my Dad took on the job and they were delicious, he is now the designated cookie maker at home

Playing nertz like always

13 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

HA HA you are the cutest little prego girl ever I swear! HA HA

HOW FUN! I am so excited to be able to see my family in February! I know that is like super far away, but seeing you guys all together makes me even more excited!

HOW FUN! It looks like you have a way cute place :)

Anonymous said...

EWW you put the one of me pretending to sleep up. i look sick.

bren said...

You do look good, and once again, very cute shirt! I can't believe you only have 2 weeks, give or take a few days. It would be fun to see you but you'll probably be about to have your baby, or just had him by the time we're in CA. We'll be there probably like the 24-3rd or so. I'm excited for you!

Megan said...

what a fun time with your family. i love the picture with the guys and alyssa. she obviously loves her uncles very much. we're excited to come and see you...we'll have to plan on it in the next few weekends...or maybe itd be better if we waited til after the baby is born.hm. either way, we'll get down that way soon!

Taryn said...

You are so good at making this blog your journal too. How nice to be done with boards, woo-hoo! I bet that feels so great.

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Way to go on Boards Ginny! You look like you guys are having such a blast being back home. HOw are you feeling? Hope all is well! He is going to be here so soon!!

Ryan and Ashley said...

How fun! I am glad boards went well for you. I am excited to finally see little oliver! Put up some more pics of your place!

Tammy said...

Gin I just have to say that if I don't see the bottom half of you, you don't even look pregnant! I bet I will get a way chubby face. I just have that inkling. Looks like you guys had a fun weekend and again, I can't wait to meet your little boy!

ashley marie said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE nertz, I wish I had someone to play with....

Nicole said...

what fun times!!! Love all the pics. and congrats on your boards!!! Good luck with the next couple of weeks....so exciting!!!!!

Callie said...

Ginny, you are looking so cute. I can't believe how close you are getting!! We're so excited for you guys. What's his name going to be?

I love nertz...why didn't we ever play with you two?

Stacie said...

Umm...I love Alyssa's ugly face. She is learning from the best, so go figure. And in the picture of you guys playing Nertz, you all have your leg sticking out to the side...must be a family trait. Remember how I always beat your fam in nertz. It's so sad..haha

The Evers said...

38 weeks pregnant-wow! So before this baby comes, PLEASE send me your number! I am sorry I lose my phone all the time, none the less, I need your number! I am glad you had a fun time with your family! I am jealous of your card playing fun!