Thursday, December 09, 2010

Miller Family Year In Review

I love getting Christmas cards that include a review of each family member.  I thought it would be fun (for me) to look back on our blog and review our family's year.

January - We found out we were expecting again and were so excited!  By the end of the month the excitement had given way to a very sick mommy ;-)

February - We welcomed our sweet nephew Nathan into the world, and poor little Ollie got croup :(

March - We welcomed another adorable nephew, Ezra into the family.  We spent some time visiting San Francisco.  One of my besties Brendi visited.  My sister Letty came home from Ecuador and stayed with us for a few days.

April - We found out Ollie was going to have a brother...yay!!  We spent time in Lincoln & Newcastle with our families for Easter. My sister Chrissy and her kids visited from North Carolina. I went and saw Wicked with my mom and sister.  Jason participated in the Oceanside Half Ironman and we got to hang out with some of our favorite people, the Henrys.

May - We started our garden (I know exciting).  Ollie counted to ten.  Jason participated in the Tour de Lincoln 100k bike ride.  We rented an RV and headed to Lake San Antonio so Jason could participate in the Wildflower half Ironman triathlon.

June - We went camping at Mt. Madonna with our good friends the Nashs.  We flew out to Utah for Ezra's baby blessing.

July - We spent our 4th of July as a family watching the fireworks at the Shoreline amphitheater.  Ollie started sleeping in a big boy bed.  Ollie turned 2 years old and we celebrated with a Thomas the train cake in Napa Valley with most of our family.  The same day Jason completed his first full Ironman triathlon, he worked so hard and did awesome.

August - Jason and I had a romantic weekend in Grass Valley.  I threw a surprise 30th birthday party for Jason.  Jason and I decided at the last minute to go see Brian Regan, and LOVED it.

September - Our sweet little bundle of joy Max joined our family and we were instantly smitten!  Jenny and Ezra came to visit and meet Max.  We enjoyed Jason's time off work by going to the beach.

October - We blessed Max.  We went to Lincoln so I could attend my bestie Stacie's bridal shower.  Jason did the Warrior Dash.  We celebrated Halloween at the Nash's Halloween party and our wards trunk or treat by dressing up (Jason and I as Juno and Pauly Bleeker, Ollie as a monkey, and Max as a peapod).

November - Stacie got married!!  We had family pictures taken.  Jenny and Ezra visited again and we had tons of fun with them.  I turned 28, and Jason and I celebrated 7 years of marriage.  Jason's brother Mike came and spent a couple day playing with us, and we all drove to Lincoln/Newcastle to celebrate Thanksgiving with our families.

December - I started back to work.  I will be working every Monday and every other Wednesday, pretty much the perfect schedule for me.  I had my Relief Society Christmas dinner, which is my big thing as RS Activity leader.  Jason is very busy with work and will be doing some traveling next month for one of his projects.  Overall he is enjoying his job, and loves Apple.  Ollie went poo on the potty for the first time so potty training is probably in our near future.  He is talking like crazy and says the cutest/funniest things.  Max is getting close to sleeping through the night, but isn't quite there yet :-/.  He is the sweetest little guy and we can't get enough of him.  The rest of the month will be filled with the Nutcracker, work parties, Christmas with our families and a staycation in Walnut Creek with my extended family.

It has been a wonderful year for us.  We have two healthy, beautiful boys, who we love more than anything. We have wonderful friends and family that make our lives happy and fulfilling.  We thank our Heavenly Father each and every day for all of our blessings.  We look forward to celebrating Christs birth this season and wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.
















8 comments:

jeff and jen said...

Ginny those pictures are so so so so so so so so so so cute. Jeff and I died at the one of Ollie driving his train on the track. And my favorite of all time is the one in black and white of ollie kissing max. I want a picture of that so I can put it up. that is all I ask for for christmas. Please!!! They are so cute.

Amy said...

I am totally with you on loving Christmas cards with updates on each member of the family. I always read the ones that came to my mom when I was little and thought that they were the coolest thing ever. And you look so great in these family photos! You guys are the cutest family.

Annelise said...

Awesome photos- great year in review too, man busy people- good for you.

Nicole said...

LOVE your adorable photos. What a beautiful family!!!

Eric and Michelle said...

I love your recap of the year... makes me remember so much fun stuff! Also, I need some of your family pictures too! I need ones of the boys for my desk at work... I'm such an overbearing creepy aunt... I'm just embracing it now.

Lori said...

Oh how fun! Love the new pics, it's so important to get some good ones every year. I just know i'd super regret it later if we didn't. Good job on the review, it's also a key thing to make sure to do yearly.

Stacie said...

Thanks for including me on your year in review! :) I love, love, love your family pictures. What a beautiful family you have. Max is adorable, and I loved the picture of Ollie with the train on the train tracks as well.

Megan said...

I love your pictures! Sounds like a busy and fun year, hope 2011 is just as great!