Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010

We have had lots of fun Halloween festivities this year.  It started last weekend when our friends threw a totally wicked (haha) halloween party.  It was fun to dress up, and to see all our friends dressed up.  We also watched the Giants game, which is a REALLY big deal here, obviously.  I found I really like watching baseball if I only watch the last inning and the World Series is at stake.  Since I took Ollie to my pumpkin patch at home where he got to go on the hayride and ride the train, we didn't bother taking him to the big pumpkin patch that we normally go to in this area.  Instead we took him to a little pumpkin patch near our house.  He of course had a blast running around and picking out a pumpkin.

It is nearly impossible to get a front view picture of this kid, especially at the pumpkin patch since he didn't stop running the whole time we were there.

Me and Max staying warm.

Ollie's pumpkin.

 This weekend Jason and some friends participated in the Warrior Dash in Casa de Frutas.  It was a 5k run that included obstacles along the way.  They had to climb over cars and haybales, scale cargo nets, go through a tunnel, slid down a big slip-n'-slide, jump over flaming logs and crawl through a huge mud pit.  They had a lot of fun doing it and I enjoyed watching with the kids.  I thought I would be too out of shape to do it , but now I'm wishing I would have done it too.  Oh well, next year.

Jason, Ben and Geoff nearing the finish line.

Amy crawling through the mud.  There is barbed wire across the mud so you have to get down and crawl to avoid it.  This is where I was parked and it was a good place to be.  Very entertaining.  
After the race.

After being hosed off.

Our friends Austin and Ashley also did the race (in fact Austin is the one who told us about it).  They actually dove into the mud, hence the mud all over their hair.  

 Our cute little warriors.

I put the following picture up on facebook, but here it is again.  Jason and I were Juno and Bleeker for halloween.  Jason won Creepiest costume at our church party.  I guess most people don't enjoy seeing Jason in short shorts as much as I do...haha.


 Saturday night we headed to our church for a trunk-or-treat, where people decorate their trunks and hand out candy.  It was a lot of fun.

Max as a peapod, 6 weeks old.  The costume was like a sleeping bag, he was so comfy.
This is Ollie as a peapod his first halloween.  He was  3 months old. 

Ollie got his face painted.  I was surprised at how well he sat for it.

Ollie was the cutest monkey you have ever seen.  He kept trying to take the banana out of his pocket but it was sewn in.  He loved getting candy, of course, but we were surprised that every time he had the option he chose milkduds.  What a funny boy.

5 comments:

jeff and jen said...

so fun. I wish we could have been there to see the boys in real life. That is funny jason won the creepiest halloween costume. I'm pretty sure they were expecting something with more gore to win that division. But the short shorts won out.

bren said...

Whoa whoa whoa, why didn't you tell me about this race? That sounds like a blast... the crawling in the mud part anyway. Haha how fun. Let me know when there's another one...seriously.

bren said...

Also, your costumes were great!

Megan said...

That definitely looks like a Happy Halloween if I've ever seen one! Chris and I just watched Juno for the first time. It was quite funny.

Lori said...

What a fun run! I looks like you guys had lots of fun for halloween too. Such cute kids!