Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Surprise!!!!

On Sunday I threw a surprise 30th birthday party for Jason.  We have always talked about how we want to throw our kids surprise parties at some point in their lives because as kids we always wanted one and never got one. Jason finally got his.  Our friend John and Carolyn took us to see their new house and while we were gone some friends decorated our backyard for the party.  He was totally surprised (the fact that his birthday was the weekend before may have helped), it was awesome!!  It was so fun to get together with friends and celebrate what an awesome guy Jason is.

The birthday boy.  I made him wear this ridiculous hat :)

I found some funny stories and interesting things about Jason in his baby book, so I shared.
People listened very intently.

I just did cake and ice cream to make my life easier.  I made Jason his favorite carrot cake (your recipe Ash) and got him a Nothing Bundt Cake.  If you live in the area and haven't tried one of these you are missing out, they are delicious.  Carolyn made cupcakes for the kids (and I'm sure some adults).

Trying to not burn our house down with all the candles.
Getting ready to sing.

He was barely able to blow them all out, his lung capacity just isn't what it use to be when he was in his 20's.

Most of Jason's team from work, including spouses.

Carolyn has two boys that are close to my boys ages, Carlie just had a baby a few weeks ago, and Amanda is overdue.  Lots of babies!!
Andy and Marissa, we love them.

The Burgins and the Nashs, we love them too!  The Nashs are responsible for the wonderful decorations.


5 comments:

The Evers said...

Happy birthday bff Jas! not gonna lie this makes me sad! Wish we were there! Glad you were able to pull off the surprise! You are right about nothing bunt cakes! They catered my sisters wedding I am so obsessed!

Darwin + Kiara said...

So fun. I totally bombed it for Darwin's 30th this year. Shoot. I really need to be better with my planning sometimes! Maybe I'll start planning a surprise party now for his 31st next year & then it'll happen.

You guys are so cute, by the way. Happy birthday, Jason!

Brooke said...

Good job Ginny! You are such a fun, wonderful wife! :)

Happy Birthday Jason!

Lori said...

Oh ginny, you look TOO cute!!! I just love it. Way to rock that preggy belly.
That's such a fun idea you did for jason. He's definitely lucky to have such a fun and thoughtful wife.

Dan and Ashley said...

Look s like so much fun!! Happy Birthday to jason!