Monday, May 18, 2009

"Whats wrong with your boy's leg?"

Ok, so funny story for you. Ollie does this really funny scoot/crawl thing. He started doing it because he would be holding a toy in one hand and still trying to crawl, now it is just one of his favorite ways to get around. Well he was doing it at church yesterday and this guy we've never met says to Jason "whats wrong with your boys leg?" Jason just laughed and told him he just likes to crawl that way. So funny, anyway, there isn't one particular event to talk about this week, we have just been up to lots of random stuff. It was really nice to have a weekend with nothing to do. Ollie continues to entertain us non-stop! He is such a funny kid. He took one little step on Saturday. It was such a small step I don't really want to call it his "first step". I'll let you know when he takes a step I consider "the first step" worthy. Anyway, here is a little of what we have been up to.

Ollie loves to take walks. He cracks me up cause he puts his feet up and just enjoys!! We get so many comments like "Thats the life" etc, and I agree, must be nice to be a baby.

Ollie's newest "trick" is emptying out every cupboard and drawer he can reach. It's fun for him, not so fun for mom. This kid is a tornado!!

This is Ollie favorite new face. It is a little crusty but he makes it every time someone talks to him. He's a dork :)

Ollie and I went with some friend to Santa Cruz on Friday. We had a great time. Our friends go every week and I think we will be frequently joining them.

Saturday our town, Campbell, had the "Boogie on the Bayou" downtown. We decided to walk around. It was so HOT on Sat so we stopped at the park on the way home to enjoy some shade. Ollie loves swinging, if you didn't notice.


5 comments:

Alicia said...

Jon props up his legs just like that when we go on walks! What funny boys...

bren said...

That beach looks so nice. I would be jealous, but we have a $10 pool from walmart full of sand that I stole from the sand dunes, so there's really not much of a difference. :) Ha yeah right, I am jealous, thats look like so much fun! Maybe some day we'll live back on that side of the railroad tracks... maybe even soon. I also got a little laugh out of Ollie's mess in the kitchen. It's so funny what entertains them!

Lori said...

Awe... he's getting so big! Lots of cute pics in this post. I liked it, i liked it.

KaLee said...

I love babies with little quirks! Like the fact that Easton still does not talk really at all, but he gabbers all of the time so people CONSTANTLY stop me to ask what he is saying. Or the missionary who asked me if he had a speech impediment.

Jessica Martiele said...

He looks like such a little MAN with his feet up that way...too cute! And I LOVE the crusty-face photo...that's the one I was referring to in your newest post. Loooooove it!