Sunday, October 05, 2008

Conference Weekend

This weekend we drove home to spend some time with our families.  As always we had a great time.  Ollie was in high demand, so he was a pretty content little guy.  Saturday we braved what we thought would be some light rain and headed to Apple Hill.  It ended up pouring on us, but we had fun anyway (I always have fun when apple pie is involved).  That evening we went to OTP, Jacks old stomping ground, and had dinner.  Then Grandma Jan watched Ollie so Jason and I could go on a date.  We went to this new place in Roseville called "Fountains", it has cool fountains that light up and spray in cadence to the outdoor music.  We also tried a new frozen yogurt place called "The Big Spoon", very delicious.  Sunday we watched conference at Jason's house, then headed to my Aunts to watch the afternoon session with my family.  It was so fun to see everyone, we can't wait to go back again for Halloween!

The other day Ollie and I ventured out to a grassy area at our apartment complex.  It was a perfect way to spend the afternoon, he napped and I read a book.

Ollie in his swing, how uncomfortable does that look?  I fixed his head right after I took this

Dad and Lys at Apple Hill, that umbrella hasn't been used in a while and that was probably its last use ever 

She got her face painted, and got a pumpkin, she was a happy camper

Ollie has the cutest pouty face, I love/hate it

The gang at Apple Hill

Happy boy with a double chin :)

The fam at OTP

Every time we are all together my Mom makes us take a family pic, one of these days we will do a real, professional one

Enjoying conference

Ollie with Grandma Stacy

Hanging out with uncle Jack

Brother, sisters, and cousin

I always hated when friends would have babies and then only post pictures of the baby...so here is one of us...life is good!

11 comments:

The Evers said...

You are looking skinny minnie hot mama! I love your hair too-did you go darker a while ago? It brings back memories of me dying your hair at Oxford :) Your trip home looked fun, I love the pic of Ollie in the swing. Elle used to sleep like that I thought it was so cute! We need to chat soon about our trip out! I cant wait to see you!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

HOW FUN!!! I LOOOVE Apple Hill! We havn't gone yet. We usually end up going in November for some reason. But we always try to go earlier. Don't know how that happens...

bren said...

Oliver's getting cuter & cuter. In the dimply smile picture, he does look like Jason...but still think he has your eyes. The pouty face one is cute too!

Lori said...

I'm totally one of those "baby pictures" friends. I need to do better about keeping me and sam active in our blog posts.
Ollie is looking awfully cute! He's totally chubbed out and I love it. Addie's lost most of her baby fat now and it makes me sad.

Tammy & Gabe said...

I always love seeing pictures of my friends babies, but it is also good to see pictures of the parents too....I guess...:). I loved that pic of Ollie with his eyes wide open. He just has the cutest eyes ever. Well, I am, once again, jealous that you guys can just drive on home to Lincoln so easily!

Megan said...

That is a great family picture, well done. So, you were at the fountains...sooo close to my house, literally minutes away! You're going down girl ;) I'm excited because we'll be taking a little famski trip to good ole Apple Hill next week perhaps.

The Good Life said...

What a great way to spend conference weekend. Your family is so fun. We are going to apple hill on thursday for the first time. Thanks for the update. Oh and Oliver is as cute as ever!

The Richards in Canada said...

Glad to see everyone is Happy and Healthy! Your little guy is getting big!
Miss you guys!
Renee

darcie said...

your family is so cute. funny, adam went home for conference too. ollie's pouty face is hilarious/sad.

Osborne Family said...

Hey ginny your looking so great after all that happened! The little girl with her face painted looks just like you... Hope all is well!

Stacie said...

I love his pouty face...so cute! Too bad it rained at Apple Hill we are going there tomorrow!Oliver has gotten bigger in the 2 weeks since I saw him last. He really does look a lot like Jason.