Thursday, October 09, 2008

Proposition 8

As we all know, this election season is a monumental one, and as you may or may not know, California is in the midst of a very controversial election season as well. In 2000 61% of Californians voted against allowing same sex marriages (Prop 22). In May of this year four Supreme Court Judges overruled what the majority of the state voted for and legalized same sex marriages in California. Proposition 8 will change the California constitution to define marriage as "between a man and a woman". Like many, I had my concerns regarding this issue, but as I have educated myself, I have come to realize the implications this law would have on so many aspects of our lives.  I would just encourage anyone living in CA (or if you have friends or family in CA), to register to vote, and educate yourself on this issue. I think that when you do you will join with me in voting "YES" on Proposition8.



4 comments:

Megan said...

YES ON PROP 8!
People really do not realize what our lives will be like if this does not pass. Its just a shame that people are to scared to stand up for what they believe, and know to be true and rigt, because they are afraid to 'offend' someone. I am absolutley voting YES on Prop 8 and proudly stand strong in my beliefe of it!

Lance and Becky said...

A Men!

Stacie said...

We have to stand up for what is right, regardless of what other people may think. This is such a huge thing, I am glad the church is getting so involved.

darcie said...

way to go gin. your so brave.