Monday, September 15, 2008

Pacific Grove Triathlon

This weekend Jason finished in his second Olympic distance triathlon, this one was in Pacific Grove (right by Monterey).  His swim was in the ocean with lots of kelp, I was only slightly worried he would drown, but he did great as usual.  The bike ride was along pebble beach following the "17 mile drive". And the run was from Lovers Point in Pacific Grove to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, all very scenic. He wasn't as well trained for this one, with the baby and a new job he hasn't had as much time, but he finished and still felt great (except for his raw nipples).  He thinks with a little more training he will be ready for a half Ironman.  I am just so impressed that he can even do this.  Once again for those who forgot, an Olympic distance is a 1 mile swim, 25 mile bike ride, and a 6.2 mile run.  Jason's mom came down to watch, which was really fun, Ollie loves when Grandma comes to visit!  It is so fun to watch Jason, and we were all so proud of him.

Your going to have to enlarge this picture to see Jason, the swim was two laps around the bouys.  So they swam one lap, got out of the water, run around that rock and then swam the second lap.
We weren't able to be as close during his transitions as we were at the Battle of Midway, so I didn't get pictures at every transition.  Here he is coming in from his bike ride.
Starting the run
Crossing the finish line..woo hoo!!
So proud of our triathlete
What an angel!  Ollie was so good the whole weekend.  He loves being out and about, he only gets cranky when we stay home all day, which means I have to think of reasons to get out of the house everyday, which is good for me too!
Uhhh...please no more pictures!
Jason and his Mom, with the ocean in the background
This isn't the best picture of Ollie but here he is with Grandma, he loves the attention!
Jason and I, I'm still trying to get rid of that baby belly :(
Looking down Cannery Row in Monterey


I loved all the sailboats, if I was one of my artistic photography friends I probably could have made this a really cool picture, but I'm not, so here is a parking lot with some sailboats in the background.

9 comments:

Lori said...

Jason is ever so fancy. I'm sure you and Ollie are quite proud.
Ollie's getting so big! I cant believe he's already 6 weeks old.

Stacie said...

Good job Jason! That is quite a feat. In the picture of Ollie in his stroller he looks just like Alyssa. What a little cutie pie!

ashley marie said...

Is it safe to assume that athletes in the Olympics do the exact same distance? I guess I just assumed that the triathlons were always Ironman distances.

Lance and Becky said...

WOOOO HOOO! Way to go Jas! Everytime I plan on doing something like this, I get pregnant :) You're my hero!

The Evers said...

That is seriously impressive! Wasnt the water freezing though? Good for Jas he is such a neat young man!

kaysi van dyke fox said...

im so jealous!!! monterey is so gorgeous!!! ollie is just getting cuter everytime i look at your blog!!! i love his blessing pictures and outfit!!! :)

The Clarks said...

Ginny! This is your old roomie Christine. I have loved reading your blog! Congrats on your new little one! I have a blog too, but it is private. Send me an email and I'll invite you! c.clark10@gmail.om

darcie said...

whoa jason! i didn't know he had it in him. impressive.

SHO'NUF said...

NOw that is awesome! Jason, you're kickin trash, and your training the right way. Smart move, doin the Olympic, and then moving up...You got Oceanside in the bag! it'll be nothin!(especially since there is no kelp to swim through)