Sunday, October 07, 2007

Laid Back Weekend

Utah Valley University (aka: UVSC) has a culinary arts program, so each week they showcase a specific type of food and you can go to their restaurant called "Greg's Kitchen" and enjoy a five course meal. On Friday night Jason and I went with our friends Jeff and Shelley and enjoyed some delicious French food. It was really fun for me because I recognized most of the fancy ingredients from food network and we love trying different foods. It was really good and we look forward to returning to try other types of food. On Saturday we spent the day with Jenny and Jeff. We got massages, ate, watched some conference and ate some more. It was a really laid back and relaxing day. We also got to play with Jeff's brother's chameleon named Ben. I usually don't like reptiles but this one was so cute and fun. I loved it! If my kids want an animal, they can have one of these.
Jason and I at Greg's
Me, Jason, Shelley, and Jeff
Me and Ben
Ben likes to climb!
Jason and I on a typical evening, we are so nerdy!!!

6 comments:

Megan said...

that last picture is the funniest thing ever. you two little nerdsicles! ;)

The Hills... said...

Our families always make fun of us for being glued to our laptops! We can be nerd friends!

By the way, what a random name...Ben?

Miller Family said...

We said the same thing about his name but I guess his full name is Benjamin because he cost $100 and Benjamin Franklin is on the $100 bill.

Stacie said...

That's really funny about how they named that chameleon!! Your hair is getting so long! I really like it.

The Evers said...

Yup, Target!! I am going back for the black one!!! Is that the one you have? Love your post, I am jealous you can just sit around and not have to chase a kid on conference weekend! live it up my friend! I can't wait to see you!

Lori said...

Thanks for the tip about the culinary school. That sounds fun. We should all go on a double date sometime, that would rock.
Also thanks for the hot bod comment. I'm not feeling too hot these days... mostly bloaty and fat and utterly uncute, but I guess that's what I signed up for, right? I'm so happy that I'm nearly done with the first trimester and can blog freely about things now.
You have my number? It's 472-1671, we need to all go out together.