Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pre-Halloween Weekend

This past weekend was pretty busy. On Friday night Jason and I confirmed our nerdiness, and helped out at the BYU Leopard launch party. For those who aren't quite as nerdy, Leopard is the new operating system for Macs. It is pretty cool, Jason insisted that I watch a 30 minute video before he would install it on my computer, so I did, and I must say it has some pretty cool features. At the party I manned the Steve Jobs bean bag toss, there was also a Bill Gates dart board and other games. Jason just mingled with the nerds, he is kind of a celebrity with the computer geeks since he will be working at "the mothership" (Apple) when he graduates this spring. Then on Saturday Jason went and shot a bunch of guns with friends, while I studied for my last midterm. That evening we met up with Jenny and Jeff and went to Salt Lake where we ate at The Pie, a popular pizza place. After dinner we attended "Thriller" at the University of Utah. It is a dance performance put on by the Odyssey Dance Theater group. It was very entertaining. They had the performers wandering around before the show looking really creepy and scaring people. They especially liked me, I think it is because I get scared really easily, we would be in a group of people and they would walk straight up to me, I almost had a heart attack at least 10 times. Sunday we ate dinner over at Jenny and Jeff's, I must say, it has been nice having them feed us lately!!
Joe (a guy Jason works with) dressed as a leopard with Cosmo the Cougar
Me and Cosmo
This creepy guy snuck up behind us
This girl unsuccessfully tried to scare Jeff
Jenny and Jeff
Me and Jenny

5 comments:

bren said...

You guys are always doing stuff! We must seem really boring to you because we hardly ever get out. :) It is hard to get away sometimes. But, tonight Court is going to babysit so Rusty & I can go to the haunted mill. I'm excited. Have you guys gone to any BYU football games? I wish we had sports up here because I think that would be fun to go to.

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

Seriously... You guys are busy, but with fun things in addition to school... LUCKY YOU!!!

Creepy people.... How was the performance? :)

Tammy said...

I would be way freaked out by those people, man they looked freaky!

Stacie said...

Gin, that's how it was at the haunted house in Sac, freaky people were following us around. What made me feel better though, was the fact that they weren't allowed to touch us.

Megan said...

that looks like a really fun weekend. how was the show?