Sunday, September 30, 2007

Jason's Idea of Fun

Jason is such a busy body. I know its true but I really realized it during the last couple of days. I was sick last weekend and jumping right back into school this week didn't help the recovery process. So Friday I didn't have school, I spent the day "resting" (basically just laying around all day). While I was doing that, Jason worked in the morning, biked 20 something miles, changed the oil on our car, took a bizillion pictures of the car for our soon to be updated website (stay tuned for that announcement), and he managed to take his wife on a nice date that evening (I had rested long enough by that point). I'm glad Jason is the way he is, of course sometimes I wish he could just sit still and have a conversation with me without multitasking but I love him and I appreciate so much everything he does for us. Below is his idea of "fun".




In other news, Jason has officially accepted the offer from Apple (see pic below). He begins June 23, 2008, five days after I finish school (that will be a fun week). We are both really excited for this, although it complicates my life a little because now I have to take the California boards, oh what is two extra tests, I will already be taking like five to get my license. Saturday Jason biked 47 miles with the Utah Velo Club (Velo is bike in French). He loves his bike, he woke up at 6:45 to go on the ride and while it started out nice it was windy and rainy by the end. Which brings me to the other big news, it snowed yesterday for the first time. We went up to Park City to enjoy the beautiful drive through the canyon and the outlets up there. Utah is beautiful this time of year, I will try to get some pictures up for those who have moved and miss the pretty colors of the canyon. Anyway, it snowed really hard in Park City and as we made our way back it lightened up a little but was still snowing a bit in Provo. Those are the Miller happenings of the week, hopefully we will have more exciting things to post about soon.

Jason mailing in his offer

11 comments:

The Evers said...

SNOWING???? ALREADY???

Lori said...

We like that we still get to see you guys at church, we miss you. Sorry you found out we were pregnant from Mitch, I only told him this week too. We're finally to the nearly "clear" zone, so i get to speak about it more freely soon. Our first appointment is October 10th, so expect a big fatty post after that.
In regards to your post, jen and i were talking the other day how Jason and Chris were by far the best workers at the law school. And chris was incredibly annoying, so Jason totally wins. Ah... the good old days.

Carley and Jonathan said...

Congratulations on the job offer! It's nice to see our friends get grown up jobs and move on with life! I hope that happens to us soon! By the way, we need to get together soon and have some Thai food. Curry sounds so good right now.

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

Yay Jason! Congrats! Does this mean when we finally get back to Utah we won't be able to visit you guys?? Will you live by your families in California?

Miller Family said...

Ginny, you guys are coming back to UT??? We leave in June so if you come back after that we will be gone. We will be about 2 1/2 hours from our families, perfect if you ask me!! I hope we don't miss you guys, we would love to see you. We will be in PA for Thanksgiving, too bad you guys aren't in VA anymore.

Megan said...

congratulations jason, thats awesome! im jealous of the snow. hopefully itll be here soon...not that ill be able to enjoy it as much this year...sigh...but thats ok, cuz our baby will be old enough to enjoy it the following year.

Stacie said...

Yeah, I really miss the snow. I would love when you look out the window and the flakes were falling down, it's makes me want to sit down by a fireplace and snuggle with a good book or a man, whichever comes first!! I am soooooo excited for you to move back to CA!!!!! I would love it if all of us settle down around here!!!

Lance and Becky said...

I so miss seeing Jason work on the car! I love it! We miss you!

bren said...

Well Gin, our husbands sound similar in the area that they both like to keep busy. Sometimes I just want to tell Rusty to just sit down, and relax for a minute! Being busy is a good thing though, definately better than being the type where you have to force your husband to get up and do something!I am jealous that you guys will be moving on to "real life" next year. And especially in California...really jealous. I hope someday I can live that close to my family. (the weather there is great too!)

Ginny Lubin Butler said...

No, we don't have any plans now to go back to Utah. It's just wishful thinking- I would love to come visit. Where will you guys be in PA? We may be in D.C. for Thanksgiving; that's where we usually go.

Dan and Ashley said...

Jason, so jealous of the long bike ride (new bike?). I took a few of those in the wasatch mountains while I was on my mission and I think Utah is the best place for long bike rides. Lots of fun roads and beatiful views. We need to go for a ride sometime soon! (oh, and we use synthetic and the ol' Volvo is ready anytime you are).

Also, I'm supposed to tell you this is Dan posting this. NOT Ashley. Just wanted to make that clear.