Monday, January 02, 2012

5th Annual Christmas Eve Brunch

Before I get to the brunch, I have some catching up to do.  A few weeks before Christmas my best friends and I got together for our Christmas calendar gift exchange.  This year we made it a dinner and ugly Christmas sweater party.  It was a lot of fun.  I grew up with these ladies and love them SO much, they are the best.  We missed our dear friend Megan who no longer lives in CA, but I know she was there in spirit :)

Brendi even made herself dangly bell earrings.  She doesn't do anything half way.
One of our favorite families, the Evers, were in town for Christmas this year.  They were nice enough to come visit us and see our new house.  We took them for a walk around the neighborhood and that evening we left the kids and went to dinner.  We seriously love the Evers and have so much fun together.  We just have to convince them that this is where they need to end up!

On our walk.

Me and Kelly in front of our house, holding each others babies.

We tried an Italian restaurant in Roseville.  It was about a 3 star experience ;)
 Christmas eve morning we had our annual breakfast where we get together with friends who are in town for the holidays.  Since we are in our own place now, we were able to host the brunch this year.  Jason's mom usually does waffles, but she was out of town, so this year we had crêpes, an egg bake, muffins, orange juice, and apple cider.  A lot of Jason's friend were on "off" years, but a lot of my friends were around.  It is seriously so fun to catch up with everyone, I love it.

We are lucky enough to get to see the Hardmans every once in a while since they also live in Auburn.

Max and the newest little one, Scott.

Stacie and Drew.

My freaking adorable nephew Owen.

Crêpe maker extraordinaire. 

Jill and Letty.

Katie, Kinlee and Brendi.

Max getting thrown around by uncle Jack.

I love those dimples.

Me, Stacie and Brendi.

My sister was finally reunited with her husband after not seeing each other for 7 months (he has been in Iraq).   When they showed up we welcomed him with a round of applause.  I was so happy for them, I thought I might cry.

The 2011 gang, more kids each year. 
Provo friends.  Spring, Kelly and me.

Dave and Nathan, so cute.

Brendi, Chrissy, and Me.

My goofy friends Spring and Kelly.
Thanks to everyone who came this year.  We look forward to this every year.  And for those who couldn't make it this year, we look forward to seeing you next year.

3 comments:

The Burtons said...

How much fun to do the brunch at your new house!! Your house looks great. Wish we could have been there, one of these days hopefully.

Stacie said...

First of all, the 'whole gang' picture is incomplete, as I'm not in it:) I like the picture of you, Chrissy and brendi, its so awkward ...you guys are not even touching except your and Chrissys sweet hand embrace Hahaha. Thanks for doing the brunch, its always fun and of course, delish.

The Evers said...

Yes thank you for another great Christmas Eve Brunch! I am so glad you have started this tradition! We love you guys so much and are so glad that we could spend some time with you. I loved all of you new updates and glad you made it to Idaho (kind of-hahaha). Your new house is GORGEOUS! I am so excited to stay in my room so let me know when you are up for a visitor! Love you all so much!