Saturday, December 10, 2011

O Christmas Tree

A couple weeks ago we headed out to get our Christmas tree.  We saw signs for a tree farm close to our house and decided to check it out.  When we first drove up the long driveway we thought we were in the wrong place since there were only a handful of trees in the field, but then we realized most of the trees were grown on the backside of the hill.  We found a nice tall tree and the boys and I  had fun watching Jason cut it down.  This place really made the whole experience really fun.  They had Christmas music blaring everywhere, hot apple cider, Christmas coloring books for the kids, and they even sent us home with a Christmas ornament.  They also had a picture of Auburn from 2 years ago when it snowed (and actually stuck).  I decided that while I am NOT a fan of living in the snow, a light dusting around Christmas time might be kind of fun, fingers crossed.

The lumberjack and his boys.

Action shot.



Luckily this place was only a few miles from our house, because I'm pretty sure this wasn't a DOT approved method of tree transport :)
We were so excited this weekend to have one of Jason's (ex) co-workers, Heidi and her husband Lance come visit us.  Everyone says they will visit, and we love when people actually do.  They are preparing for a trip of a lifetime.  They are both quitting their jobs and traveling the world for the next year.  I am so excited (and slightly jealous) for them.  We were glad they took some time to visit us before they leave.  They came Friday evening, and we had dinner at home and just chatted.  Jason roused us up on Saturday morning for a little walk/hike near our house.  I almost don't want to mention what happened next, especially because I already blogged about Jason roping our friend Paul into doing home projects with him when they visited, and I fear people won't visit because they are afraid we will put them to work.  We purchased a large dining room table on Craigslist that we had to pickup on Saturday, so Jason and Lance headed to Roseville to load it up and bring it back.  While they were out Heidi and I took the kids to Jason's parents house and we picked mandarins.  After that we met back up with the guys and headed to breakfast (by that point it was more like lunch) at a Edelweiss, "Home of the super omelet."  It is quite the place.

This was my hot chocolate, it was seriously good.  And also doesn't my hand/arm look really big and weird in this picture?  And last but not least, see that guy in 1900s garb in picture behind me?  He is an actual regular customer at this place, who comes in so often they put his picture up.  And guess what, he was there in person and dressed just like that.  It was a treat to see :)

There were lots of pictures of wolves.  It reminded me of something my friend Jen pointed out on her  blog.
Since grandma requested a little more time with the kids, we headed to Old Town Auburn to walk around a little.  I really love all the little shops.  


We had to get a picture with the miner man in his Christmas hat.  

When we went to pick up the boys we found them on the four wheeler in the mandarin orchard (and I wonder why they never want to leave grandmas).  It was a beautiful day.  Doesn't the persimmon tree look kind of cool?  
Fun with Grandma and Papa Miller.

I just love my little Max, such a happy boy, most of the time.


Later that evening we headed to our church Christmas dinner.  Thanks so much to Heidi and Lance for visiting us even when they had tons to do to prepare for their big trip. 

I also wanted to add, for our old Provo friends out there that we got together with Brian and Callie Hill last night.  I intended on taking a picture but of course forgot.  It was really fun catching up with them and meeting their two cute little girls.


3 comments:

bren said...

You're going to leave me hanging like that? No table picture?? :) I'll be over soon enough to see it in person.

The Burtons said...

Good to hear from you! Glad you got to see pictures of Avery. I need to be better at checking your blog too, so we can keep in touch. Congrats on the new house!!! So glad it is all working out=)

Derek and Claire said...

I like your new blog format! Miss you guys!