Monday, January 31, 2011

Coyote Hills 10k/Half Marathon

This past weekend Jason and I participated in the Coyote Hills 10k/Half Marathon.  It originally started out as a team thing for Jason at work, but everyone who was suppose to participate ended up not, except Jason and one of his bosses, oh and me of course.  My parents and Letty came down Friday night and then went with us to the race on Saturday.  It was so nice to be able to leave the kids with them.  The race was great!  The weather was perfect for running and the course was along the coast which was very  pretty.  I was able to complete the run without stopping, which was my goal.  Jason did great, running sub 8 minute miles, pretty impressive.  Overall, it was a great time.  I think I'll sign up for another one to keep myself running, but I really don't see myself upping my distance anytime soon.

Thursday night Drew and Stacie came and stayed at our place for the night.  It was really fun.  We had dinner, got frozen yogurt, played scrabble and watched The Office.  Pretty much an ideal night.
We love Scrabble!

I was not happy with my letters.

The newlyweds, Drew and Stacie.
Onto our race pictures. Letty was our official photographer, she did a great job.

This might be the first picture where Ollie is actually looking at the camera and smiling...such a rare occurrence.

Max has been so smiley lately, I love it and I love him...so much!!

The whole fam before the race.

We thought this sign was funny.

Me with my game face on. 

I had a special 10k playlist.  Pretty much all hip hop and gangsta rap...jk (not about the hip hop part).

The boys with Grandma and Papa.

"Dat Birdy Poops"

Grandma and Ollie.

After my race.  I think my moms exact words were "Wow your face isn't even that red" haha.  If you know our family we get really red faces when we exercise.

Watching Jason finish.

Me and Jason with our first place medals...ok fine every participant got one.  

2 comments:

t.t.turner said...

Nice work! I want to know what you had on your playlist - I'm so sick of mine.

Lori said...

You're amazing ginny, nice work!