Sunday, January 09, 2011

Family Trip 2010

Every year after Christmas my extended family takes a mini vacation somewhere close to home.  This time we were in Walnut Creek.  It is fun to hang out, swim, shop, go to dinner and play games in the hotel.  This year we were together for New Years Eve.  It was so fun to ring in the new year with family.

These pictures are actually from before Christmas.  A big park in our area does a huge lights display that you drive through.  It was so fun to do with Ollie.  We even let him out of his seat so he could see better.

Me and Ollie with the tooth lights.
Ok back to the family trip.  While we were together we "hiked" ( it was more like a brisk walk) Mt. Diablo.   It was FREEZING!!  We had a good time though.
Me, Letty and Ollie trying to stay warm.


Max finally got to wear the cute little bear outfit Jason's grandma sent us.  It is super warm and I was beginning to worry we wouldn't have weather that would require the warmth.

Daddy and Ollie.

Most of the group.

Us with my parents and Letty.
 Funny little story...our room at the hotel had a little kitchenette.  One of the days we were there Jason was out somewhere and I was with the boys.  Ollie had been playing with his Mack truck and I was giving Max a bath, trying to keep an eye on Ollie while doing so.  All of a sudden Ollie starts crying and saying "mommy, mommy".  I look over and he had put his Mack truck in the microwave and somehow turned it on and it was on FIRE!!  I quickly opened the door, blew out the flame, opened all the windows and tried to keep the smoke detector from going off.  It was crazy.  Ollie was pretty spooked, and our room smelled like burnt plastic the rest of the time.  Man this kid keeps us on our toes!!

Jason and I decided the damage looks like it belongs on the truck.

I think Ollie enjoyed having the double bed to himself.  This was at the beginning of the night.

And this was in the middle of the night, silly boy.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh man I loved this post SO much. That is hilarious about the truck in the microwave. And I love the photos of Ollie changing position in the big bed. And the photo of Ollie hanging out the side of the car.

jeff and jen said...

I love Ollie stories! How funny is it that his truck caught fire. I think that kid is the cutest.