Sunday, January 09, 2011

Christmas 2010

I'm getting a little anxious to wrap up Christmas on the blog.  I didn't take many pictures at Christmas (hopefully that will change since I got a new camera).  Luckily my mom always pulls her camera out.  Following tradition we did Christmas Eve with my family.  We had dinner, Letty, Dad and I did a musical number, we read from the Bible and of course watched A Christmas Story.  We woke up early the next morning, had Christmas, packed all our stuff and headed to Jason's family for Christmas there.  Jason family is a little more mature than my family.  They don't all wake up and want to open presents right away.  We had a nice big breakfast, then hung out for a bit, then opened presents.  That afternoon we headed to my aunts house for my extended family's white elephant gift exchange.  It is always lots of fun.  Then it was back to the Millers for a delicious dinner of filet mignon, dungeons crab and lobster.  Jan went all out this year and needless to say it was delicious.  I can't believe I didn't take any pictures with Jason's family...I am so lame.  It was a wonderful Christmas, and having a child who is starting to understand made it so amazing.  We love our families, and it was great to see some friends while we were home too.  

Decorating sugar cookies.
My niece Alyssa flew to CA from NC by herself (she is 6 years old).  It was so fun to see her and we were sad to see her go, especially Ollie.  She was so nice to him and I think he loved having a little buddy.

Christmas Eve dinner at the Wursten home.  Prime rib...yummy!

Max being his cute little self.

Jason wanted to start the tradition of reading Twas the Night Before Christmas, so we let Ollie open it on Christmas Eve and Jason read it to us.

Me, Letty and Dad after our musical number.
 A few days after Christmas we took Ollie to the Sacramento Railroad Museum.  This kid loves trains.  It was fun for him to be able to walk inside them and what not.  He even sat through the boring video we watched.
Little Ollie next to the huge wheel.


A little family picture.

Ollie on the railroad track.  I think he knows where every railroad track in our area is.  He is always telling us when we are going to pass over a track, before we even get there.  It's cute.

More of Ollie on the trains.

They had an entire Thomas the Train exhibit where kids could play.  It was totally awesome.

Worn out little boy fell asleep on Papa.

2 comments:

The White Family said...

HAHA at the comment about Jason's family being more mature than yours. It is so true and I think that is why I thought it was so funny.

Lori said...

What a fabulous christmas! Your baby is SOOOO cute, i love his little face and fantastic hair. Ollie is getting so big too, eek! What is happening to our children?!