Saturday, February 05, 2011

Ups and Downs

Life with two kids has proven rather busy. Here are a few of my recent thoughts about the good and not so good in our lives. As you can see things are going quite well and the 'not so good' really isn't that bad.

The Good:

-The weather has been AWESOME!!  Seriously, between 65-70 degrees all this week.
-Ollie is thisclose to being potty trained (see below for why he isn't quite there)
- Max rolled over for the first time at 3 months, but it was almost like an accident.  These days he can roll until he runs into something.
- We also started Max on rice cereal and some veggies.
- Jason decided to do the St. George Ironman so we are going to that in May, sans children.  I am so looking forward to this.  I love my babies so much but I'm looking forward to a little R&R.  We also have family vacations planned for Mexico, Napa, and Yosemite.
- Ollie says the funniest things.  Ex:  he was about to be put in timeout for not talking nicely and he said "no mommy, I want to change my attitude".
- Since breast feeding was not working for me,  I have been exclusively pumping for close to 3 months now and I am happy to report it is going so well.  I have found my groove.  I have plenty of milk for the little guy and my ducts problems seem to be better.
- I'm back to working 6 days a month, I love the change in routine, the kids love their baby sitter, and we  all love the extra income.
- Date night tonight with the hubby, Pink Floyd cover band.


The Not As Good:

- It is hard to make major life decisions.
- I realized yesterday that I never just rock little Max to sleep.  I feel so guilty about all the things I don't do for him that I did for Ollie.  Poor second child.
- Max had to get two shots yesterday :(
- Jason is sick again, and I am not feeling so hot either.  I'm sure the kids will be quick to follow.
- When I say we are thisclose to being potty trained, I can't say we are because he won't go #2 on the potty.  When we started potty training that was all he would do.  And he definitely is aware of when he has to go he just won't do it.  Any suggestions?
- Ollie has also been waking up randomly in the night.  It is like he is sleep walking because he pretty much goes right back to sleep when we lay him down, but with Max still getting up once a night it makes for seriously interrupted sleep.
- Along with all the cute things Ollie says, he can say/be pretty bratty sometimes too.  I know it is the age, but I still hate it.  And while he is super nice to Max 90% of the time, he has started being a little rough and aggressive with him.  I know it will get better but I still don't like it.

The things I have to complain about I realize aren't that bad at all.  Life is good.  So busy but so good.


A little light reading on the pot.

Being a big boy is fun!

We went to Happy Hollow last week and Ollie has really started liking feeding the goats.  He opens him mouth to show the goats what to do :)
Me and Max, Carolyn and Andrew, and Claire and Brett.

This shirt would be more appropriate if I could have bought it in 2T

Ollie put his own pants on, backwards.

Max chillin' in Ollie's big boy carseat.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Jon wouldn't go #2 in the potty either, and he held it for almost a week! We actually had to give him a suppository and then held him on the potty kicking and screaming. When the poop came out, even if involuntarily, we had a huge party and I gave him as much chocolate as he wanted. No problems from there on out! Good luck!

Lori said...

Oh, best of luck with the potty training! It's pretty pesky, even when it goes as well as could be hoped. Having issues with #2 like you're describing is pretty common. My friend said that she read it's because they see something solid of themselves leaving their body and being flushed away and that that can be mentally straining for some kids. Just keep up with the positive reinforcements, candy, and poopoo parties and it'll come together.

Kim Fisher said...

Wow, Ginny, this list is a perfect summation of how I feel about life with our two+ year old and 10 month old, except we haven't ventured to the potty training yet. I don't feel organized enough to potty train, and I like my new carpet. Good luck!