Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We're Old

Before I bore everyone with our weekend details, be sure to check out the video at the end of the post, it is of Ollie counting and we think it is pretty cute.

I think Jason and I must be getting old considering our weekend consisted of scrabble, an RV show, and gardening. Friday evening my friend Stacie came down from San Ramon and we played Scrabble and watched "The September Issue" an interesting documentary about the fashion world (totally "Devil Wears Prada"). Saturday morning we headed to Pleasanton with Andy and Marissa for an RV show. We went last year and enjoyed it, since we are looking into buying a camping trailer we thought we would check it out again. It was a lot of fun. We finished the day off with mowing the lawn, pruning the bushes and weeding the garden...exciting I know. The most exciting part of our weekend was Jason's sister Michelle and her husband Eric visiting us. I don't have any pics, but we loved having them here and can't wait for October when they move here!!!

Ollie and I went to Old Navy and he decided to hide from me. Isn't his haircut cute?

He kept trying to ride this plastic dog.

I just think he is cute.

Me and Marissa relaxing while the boys check out a trailer.

Ollie had tons of fun exploring all the "tra-wers".

Hanging out with dad in one of the sweet RV's.

This one had bunk beds, each with their own DVD player.

Ollie helped with the leaf blowing.

I found Ollie on our bed today, he had completely unraveled a roll of floss. That is what I get for leaving it on my nightstand.

Ok, so here is the progress of our garden. This is very exciting to me. I can't believe things are actually growing.
One of our tomato plants (this one we did not grow from seed).

Look at that little tomato!!!

Our potatoes.

Remember this....

Now it looks like this. And these are all from seeds. It is so exciting I can hardly stand it :)


Now I know every parent thinks their kid is the cutest, smartest, best at everything, and we are no exception. Here is our smart little guy counting. He can do 1-10, but he always skips 7 and sometimes he needs help getting started. We just love hearing his little voice.

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Ollie hiding in the clothes is so adorable! Seriously, I love his cute little eyes. Well, I would be pretty darn excited if I was growing my own food too! I want to grow a garden someday too. Where are the pics from Stacie's visit? :)

Paul W. Nash said...

I love that his default answer is "Churchery!"

Eric and Michelle said...

I <3 him and I miss him already... I tried to tell my mom how cute he was with the Jello. Furthermore, your garden is AWESOME!

Amy said...

Scrabble, RVs and gardening? Ginny, you are so awesome.

Lori said...

He's so fancy! I love the counting video, very nice! Will he say one? We can't get addie to say one, she always starts on two, lol. I love him hiding in the clothes too, super cute!
Way to go on the garden, isn't it SO cool to see the things you planted actually grow?! Fun times!

Unknown said...

Haha, so cute! Willow skips 4 and goes to 8. Love it. Sounds like a great weekend! Love your garden!!! You look very cute, too. Are there any names in the works for your little guy?

Chris said...

If you need a documentary to watch I've heard Fly Girls is really good!

Mac and Charms said...

Ollie is such a cute little guy! Good job on the gardening; i wish i'd taken the time to plant one.

Melinda said...

Oh my gosh, so impressed with the counting! Go Ollie. And btw I think yard work is the most awesome thing to do with free time! :) When we were in Old Navy the other day Kaylie was enthralled with the little plastic dog, but I couldn't get her near it. haha they are so cute at this age!