Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Hanging Out At Home

We are loving living in a house!! For most, living in a house isn't a big deal, but in this area, for a young couple, renting and especially owning a home is a big deal (we are renting for the time being). The thing we have enjoyed the most is having a backyard. Ollie loves to be outside and so do Jason and I. A couple weekends ago we planted a little garden. We planted peas, carrots, onions, strawberries, potatoes, squash and zucchini, and we have plans to plant tomatoes, green peppers, and cucumbers this weekend. I have never had a green thumb, but I'm happy to report that things are growing! Which has more to do with where we live in CA than my gardening ability, but still I'm excited.


This is our little garden. The additional things we are planting will be elsewhere in the backyard.

Ollie loved playing in the water and dirt, look at that dirty little bum.

So cute.

We had stake conference a few weekends ago and afterward the weather was so nice we let Ollie play until he was ready to go. We also got some cute pictures of the little guy in his church outfit.
Staring off in the distance.

A head on shot, but of course, no smile.

And being a boy, he found this huge stick to play with.

These were all taken yesterday. I have been kind of sick with some sinus issues (what is it about pregnancy???), so Ollie has been couped up inside, but he always finds ways to entertain himself.
I walked by his room and found him like this.

And like this, it was so cute. He kept wanting me to shut him in the drawer.

He walked in the house and said "WET", ummm yeah you sure are.
I got Ollie this water table last week, and I must say it was the best $30 I have ever spent. Sure he is soaking wet everytime he plays with it but when the weather is nice, I don't mind.
Dumping the water on his head.

His friends Alexander and Jason came over to play also.

I also got some patio furniture so we can eat/hangout outside. It is SO nice. And we have been taking full advantage, pretty much every lunch and dinner since we bought it has been eaten outside.
Carolyn, Claire and I just hung out watching the boys. Carolyn just had another boy, Claire is having a boy in July and I am having one in September, so next summer we will have 6 little guys running around...crazy!

Jason pushing Ollie on his train.

It was so cute.

I tried to get a shot of all the boys, this was the best I got :)

And lastly, the rose bushes in our front yard have been going crazy. Here is a bouquet I made with the fully bloomed roses. And there are still tons on the bush, they are so pretty.

7 comments:

bren said...

I LOVE patio furniture, I bet that is so nice to have out there. I was just at Home Depot admiring some sets... but I will have to wait to see if we'll even have a backyard at our next place. Nice job on your garden too. I've NEVER been into gardening before but now that we have space I'm actually excited about it. I think that's a sign of getting old but oh well. It'll be a fun summer thing to do. Plus, all the money we'll save on vegetables hopefully will pay off.

Nicole said...

Love all the pics! Thoseroses are GORGEOUS!!! Boys are IN right now...that's all our ward is having through Aug! Crazy!! I can't believe Ollie's poor lip, what a tough guy!

Tia said...

Good work on the garden. Ollie is so cute, a water table I'd never thought of but that is perfect. I envy your eating outside, it's still a little to cold here. Those roses are beautiful!

Amy said...

You're bouquet really is so beautiful! I love it. And I'm so glad you guys got patio furniture - that's awesome.

Lori said...

His little vest outfit is SUPER cute. I heart it.
I'm glad you're loving having a back yard, it makes such a difference doesn't it?! I'm pretty sure we need to arrange a double vacation, us to sanfran for a week, and you guys to seattle for the next week. Ollie and Addie would have a blast! (plus their names are cute together)

Melinda said...

I too love to be outside and work in the yard. Ollie is getting so grown up holy cow! Thanks for the post on my blog. I posted it temporarily for my sister-in-law who needed an idea of what she wanted to buy from my parents this year. So if it didn't really make sense or felt weird that's why. :)

Osborne Family said...

I love hanging out at home... My favorite thing to do is just hang with the hubby at home. Congrats on the baby boy, Oliver will love to have a little bro. Hope all is well with you :)