Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Jack and Ashley's Wedding

My little brother Jack got married this past weekend. It was a nice wedding, and a relaxing weekend. Ollie and I headed up Friday morning. I dropped him off with my MIL and I headed to Cheesecake Factory where my aunt and cousins planned a little bridal shower for Ashley. It was fun to get together with everyone. Letty and I did a little shopping afterwards, which is always enjoyable. Jason came in on the train that evening. Saturday morning Jason went on a long run (16 miles of hills), while Jan, Ollie and I did a little shopping. That afternoon we went to Ollie's friend Simon's 2nd birthday party and then headed to the wedding. Sunday we went to church, and then had dinner with both of our families. We headed back home Monday morning so we could get together with some friends for a hike and a BBQ. Basically I love 3-day weekends, Jason should have been a dentist.

We got a DVD player in the car for Ollie to watch (during long car rides only). Here he is about 30 mins into our drive, watching "The Incredibles" and clutching tightly to his blanky and stuffed moose. I told him he could relax, but I guess he was relaxed.

My cute aunts at Cheesecake Factory.

My cousin Alicia and sister Letty.

Half of the group.

The other half of the group.

Maggie, Carter, and Kimmy.

The bride, her grandma, and my aunt Teresa.

Ollie was having fun wearing grandma's glasses during breakfast.

Just missing Chrissy at my bro's wedding :(

Most of the family.

The bride and groom, parents and grandparents.

Extended family.

Ollie looking dapper, and holding a rock of course.

Jack and his friend Ricky (who performed the ceremony).

Cutting the cake.

My parents.


Sunday evening we went on a walk. Ollie and Jan were ahead of the rest of us and Ollie kept sticking his little head out to check on our progress.

A little out of order, Ollie asleep clutching to his handout from nursery. It was so cute, we checked on him during nursery and they were having a lesson and he was sitting so reverently on the floor with his little legs crossed and his hands folded in his lap, listening very intently to what was being said. It was the sweetest thing EVER!!

On our walk Ollie enjoyed throwing rocks into the creek. Luckily he had both grandmas there holding him tight so he didn't fall in and get swept away.

Letty and I, pushing the stroller was a joint effort :)

Ollie loves his Papa...so sweet.

4 comments:

bren said...

3 things:

1. It looks like you and Letty are fighting over the stroller in that picture. ha
2. I can't believe Jack is now married- congrats to him!
3. And lastly, you look hot!

:)

Unknown said...

Ollie is so darling! I can picture him in nursery being so cute. Totally agree with Bren... you are a hot-mama!

The Evers said...

Congrats to Jack and I like his new hair do! The wedding looked really nice! as for you, I love your dress! You look so great! That little Ollie I cant wait to squeeze! He is getting big his hair makes him look older. I love the pic of him and your dad!

Jana said...

wow...so cute. I can't believe how old your little boy is already. time flies. I am sure you feel the same way. Another on the way! Congrats!