Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tour de Lincoln

Last weekend we headed home so Jason could ride in the Tour de Lincoln (a bike ride held in my hometown). He did the 100km distance. Ollie and I left Friday morning, and Ollie spent the afternoon at my aunt's house with some of my cousins while I went to the temple with my mom and mother in law. It was a nice afternoon. I picked Jason up from the train station in Sacramento that evening and we stopped and picked up one of his craigslist finds (stationary bike trainer). I'll let the pictures explain the rest of the weekend.

Ok this isn't from the weekend, but it was cute. Ollie loves walking around in our shoes, here he is in Jason's slippers.

This isn't from the weekend either, but the other day Ollie's friend Loden came over. Ollie didn't want to wear his sandals but Loden did, and then a few minutes later Ollie came out in Loden's pink crocks. They are pretty cute those two.

Jason and our friend Austin. Their first rest stop was about a mile from Jason's parents house so Jan, Ollie and I walked down to meet them.

Ollie pretty much just associates Jason with a bike. If you ever ask Ollie where daddy is he says "bike".
Ollie and I also stopped by another rest stop where my parents were volunteering with the Lions Club. Jason had already passed by the time we got there.
While Jason was riding we went and walked a little with my mom for her "Relay for Life" team.

Later in the afternoon we attended a Lincoln Ward Reunion. It was a bunch of people we have gone to church with over the years. It was fun to catch up with friends. The people who hosted the reunion had chickens, Ollie was in heaven!

Ollie picked up my mom's phone and had to walk away to take the call, I guess it was private.

The following two pics are courtesy of Ollie. Not too bad.


Me and Ollie.

Sunday after church we went and watched the Amgen Tour de California pass through Oldtown Auburn. We were representing Honey Stinger, a company Jason's dad started, just last week Lance Armstrong became the majority owner of the company and company sponsor.
Jason and his dad.

Jan and I, our shirts were on backwards and were about 5x too big.

Family pic.

Another family pic.

Lance is one of the blurs in red and gray, in the middle of the pack.

It was a fun weekend. We love being so close to family!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Nice helmet Jason!

Chris said...

I really like the honey stinger cycle jersey. Whoever designed it did well.