Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Ollie's First Fat Lip


I'm trying to catch up on the blog...forgive me. Ollie had his biggest injury yet a few weeks ago. He was playing on our neighbors little train and he hit a sidewalk crack and the train stopped, but Ollie didn't. He flew over the top and flat onto the cement, nothing to stop him. It was so sad. He was pretty tough though, I don't think he would have cried much except that he had blood all over his face and he was kind of confused. And I surprised myself by staying pretty calm, I was proud. Normally when there is blood involved I freak out. Here are some pics.

The night it happened.

The next morning.

Up close.

The next day.

He was pretty much fully better by the 4th day, it is crazy how fast they heal. I thought maybe he would be a little freaked out by the train but he went back the next day and tried to scoot down the street like nothing ever happened. Silly boy.

2 comments:

Des said...

oh man! that is bad. poor guy. It is always amazing to me how fast the heal. he is still pretty cute with a busted up lip:)

The Burtons said...

That is a good size fat lip! Good job keeping your cool. Can't say the same for me, Jamison fell, hit his lips and tore the skin in the mouth that is attached to the top lip and gums (frenulum?) Blood, fat lip and freaked out mom!