Friday, February 26, 2010

Showtime

One of the many things I love about living near big cities is the awesome entertainment available close by. Last night Jason and I went and saw Cirque du Soliel Ovo in San Jose. It was AMAZING! If you have the opportunity to see it, I highly recommend it. It is so nice to go out with just the husband sometimes, I love date nights. Thanks honey for planning such a fun date.


It is really like the circus, inside a huge tent. Can you tell I was tired? I worked all day and stayed up WAY past my bedtime, but it was worth it.

Waaaaayyyyyyy back in November, Jason took me to the So You Think You Can Dance show at the HP Pavillion for my birthday. I left my camera in NC so I wasn't able to post about it. So here are some pics from the show.

One of my favorites, Randi.

And Evan.

Our seats weren't very good, but during the first half Jason noticed two seats in the FRONT row that were empty. During intermission he dodged security so we could make our way down there and we then enjoyed the rest of the show front and center. It was amazing to be that close, and the people sitting next to us paid over $600 for their seats. Although I must admit I am a bit of a rule-follower so I was sure we were going to get caught, it took until almost the end of the show for me to realize no one cared and that we weren't going to get in trouble.

Here are some other gems from awhile ago that were on my camera.

Alyssa carrying Ollie while we were in NC.

I've never seen Risky Business, but we all recognize the scene with Tom Cruise in a white shirt and underwear, here is Ollies rendition.

This kid is just too cute for words!

5 comments:

Megan said...

How fun! But.....were there clowns? 'Cause that's not cool. It is my dying wish that I get to go to a 'So You Think You Can Dance' live show! Amazing!

Erin said...

Brian always sneaks us into better seats and I have such a hard time relaxing cause I am worried we will get caught! Not like they would do much other than tell us to go back to our seats but I more worry about the embarrassment of being told to go back to our seats!

Stacie said...

haha... that risky business picture is awesome. It reminds me of Never Been Kissed..anyhoo, looks like you guys had a fun weekend!

Melinda said...

Oh my gosh that looks like so much fun! We seriously need to come visit or something and do something awesome! :)

Beeta said...

Wow! Those are some pretty cool date nights. I'm jealous! I worry about sneaking too, but JP is a pro. Do you know Randi? I was on dance company with her. She's a fun girl. Ollie is getting sooo big. I can't believe it. He is just a little character. I always show JP your blog when I'm looking at it and we both have to say that we miss you guys!