Tuesday, March 09, 2010

A Belly Pic

The belly pic is at the end, but I know I get excited when people post belly pics so the title was to lure you to the blog :) Lots going on in the Miller household. Life is about to get really busy for us as triathlon season is starting in a few short weeks. Jason and I were marking dates on the calendar and it is going to be a busy/fun summer, we are looking forward to it. The fun starts next week when my little sister gets home from Ecuador (where she was working in an orphanage) and is going to hang out with us for a few days. Then we are off to San Diego so Jason can participate in the Oceanside Half Ironman triathlon AND so we can visit good friends we haven't seen in FOREVER. Right after that my other sister comes in from North Carolina with that adorable niece and nephew of mine...ahhhh I'm so excited to see them all. Lots of updates to come in the future. For now here is what we have been up to.

Playing in the backyard on sunny days.

"Mom why do you always have that camera pointed at me?"

Ollie got into my mascara. Maybe he will be a makeup artist.

Ollie finally fits into this cute pair of motorcycle jammies from Aunt Jenny.

I love his cute profile.

13 weeks. This was taken today like 5 mins after I woke up. I seriously just have to do it when I think of it. I'll try to get more dressed up next time.


The other big thing going on in our life right now is weaning Ollie from his beloved binky. Actually he isn't that addicted to it, he only uses it at nap and bedtime. My parents think I am a huge jerk for taking it from him, but a couple nights in a row he woke up crying because he couldn't find it. I don't want him to be SO dependent on something to sleep. And I don't want to wean him right before the baby comes and then have him revert back to using a binky cause the new baby will probably use a binky. Anyway so Saturday night I snipped the binky so it doesn't work anymore. I like this way because when Ollie asks for it I still give it to him like normal but he chooses not to use it. I left the altered binkys in his crib so if he searched for it in the night he would find one. I have expected him to wake up multiple times in the night since he wouldn't have a working binky to sooth him back to sleep, but he hasn't woken up at all. He has had a hard time calming down and going to bed but we're working on it. Overall it has gone really well. Maybe he was just ready. I will still use a binky with my next child (if they will take it). Those 18 months of being able to quiet my child are worth a week of weaning in my opinion. Next time I will probably wean a little earlier though.

5 comments:

Taryn said...

Love the motorcycle pajamas, so cute! And he does have a ridiculously cute profile!

I agree, totally worth 18 months or however long of having something to soothe your child than a few hard days of trying to wean. Thank goodness for binkys!

Lori said...

Tons of great pics! You're looking super cute missy, and I'm glad you posted a belly pic- you know how i live for those.
I'm glad weaning is going well. I stopped giving addie hers at around 4 months and we've never missed it. I'm hoping to have the same luck with the next baby too.

Paul W. Nash said...

I think that is a genius idea with the binky. It makes me wonder how it could be applied to other situations...

Also, we need to hang out before you guys soon! I say we try for this week or weekend.

Nicole said...

Oliver is SO cute!!! And you look awesome. I love belly pics. :) Such a good idea with the binky...we'll have try that with the next one (if he takes it)

Des said...

Syd did the same thing! when we finallygot rid of it she slept through the nigh. Good luck.

I love the profile pic too, cute cheeks!