Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Relaxing Weekend

Last weekend we drove home and visited Jason's parents for the weekend.  My parents were in North Carolina visiting my sister who was about to have her baby.  Ollie and I drove up Thursday afternoon, Jason was already in Elk Grove for work, so it worked out good.  That afternoon we picked Jason's sister Michelle and her husband Eric up from the airport, they were in town for a wedding.  We had such a great weekend just relaxing and hanging out with family.  Friday morning Jason needed to do some work from home and everyone else was at the wedding so Ollie and I met up with my good friend Spring.  We know Spring from our time in Provo, and haven't seen her since Ollie's blessing, it was so fun to catch up.  She has two adorable children, including Ryan who is only 6 weeks old.  I loved holding him...I just love newborns. 
The only picture I got of us.  
Saturday morning Jan, Jason and I went to the temple, while Ollie stayed home and played with Grandpa.  They had a lot of fun together.
And of course Ollie with the vacuum.  He is so funny, he loves vacuuming.  

He figured out how to turn it on and off, which is fun to do over and over and over. 

Ollie was so cute with this doll.  He kept setting her down and sitting right next to her and saying in the sweetest little voice "Hi", and then he would give her kisses.  Seriously he is going to be the best big brother (assuming he doesn't carry his brother or sister by their hair, like he was with the doll).

"Cheese"
We tried a new Thai restaurant in Auburn, it was really good.  Obviously I'm getting my appetite back.

Michelle and Eric thinking "we love Thai food". 

Jason's dad got a little scooter.  Ollie LOVED going on rides with dad.  Please don't call CPS because he isn't wearing a helmet, they were short, slow rides.

Family ride.


***Pregnancy Update***
I had my 2nd doctors appointment yesterday and all is well with our little baby.  The first time I went in they thought I was 8 1/2 weeks, but the ultrasound measured the baby at only 7 weeks.  I kept to my original due date though cause I wanted the first trimester to be over faster and I thought they might see me again and say they were wrong the first time.  No such luck.  In my mind I should be 12 1/2 weeks but I guess I am only 11 weeks.  Oh well, the end of the 1st trimester is in sight.  In the first ultrasound the baby looked like a worm, yesterday it actually looked like a baby, with arms and legs...so cute.  And it was flopping around so much, it was crazy to watch.  I can't wait to feel it again, that was one of my favorite things about being pregnant.  I have been feeling better during the day and getting my appetite back, but at night I still feel pretty nauseas.  I HATE brushing my teeth which is sad because I'm a dental hygienist, it just makes me gag and then my stomach cramps and it is horrible.  I am very thankful though to be pregnant and that so far our baby is healthy.  I just can't wait for September.  I will take a belly shot at 12 weeks.  I can't believe how fast the bump comes with the second baby!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like you guys have done some fun things! I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope the rest of the discomfort will pass in the next few weeks for you. Isn't the second round bump insane?! Mine, luckily, has really evened out and hasnt grown too much in the last month, it's just moved up and gotten firmer. I was afraid I was going to be a barge! Thanks for the update, I love hearing how things are going for you. Say hi to jason for me.

bren said...

That is so cute about Ollie and the doll! I laughed when I read that.

You should still say you're 12.5 weeks. What do doctors know anyway? :) It bugs me when I calculate a certain date and then they say my due date is two days later. haha Anyway, glad you're at least feeling better. You look great (in person too!) I didn't notice you showing at all so maybe it's all in your mind that you're showing sooner with the 2nd.

Jessica Martiele said...

As if Ollie wasn't adorable to begin with he just KEEPS...GETTING..CUTER!!! How is that even POSSIBLE?!