Thursday, February 04, 2010

I WILL Be A Better Blogger!!

I was typing in my journal (which is also where I download and keep all my blog posts) last night and I started reading through blog posts from like 2 years ago. I use to be so thorough! I documented everything we did, in detail. I'm trying to write in my journal at least once a week to document the everyday minute detail of our lives that no one else would really care about but I am determined to do better on the blog as well. As I mentioned below we are expecting again and I have been so sick. I blame my lack of desire to blog partly on this. I don't even feel like my normal self so I just try to get through the days. I can't wait for the first trimester to be over so I can feel normal again.

So here is a brief overview of what has been going on with us. Not too much. As one of my friends said on her blog, "January is boring". I would have to agree, and the rainy weather hasn't helped.

Poor Ollie got a horrendous haircut from Mom, at least he is still SO cute.

Jason and I had a few date nights, this one we went and saw Avatar 3D. It was pretty good.

Ollie loves PB and J, mostly the J, as you can see all over his face.

It rained, A LOT!! Ollie got to try out his Bob the Builder boots.



Ollie's friend Alexander came over a few times.

My parents came and visited. We love when they come. Ollie decided to use his 'pick my nose' pose for the picture.

Ollie and Jason help with the cooking.

I'll open the oven Mom.

I just thought this look seemed so mischievous.

One of my besties, Stacie came and visited.

And the most recent news is that poor little Ollie has croup :( It is so sad. Tuesday night he barely slept because he couldn't breathe well. So we got him an appointment with the Dr and he had to get a steroid shot to help open up his airway. It is seriously heartbreaking. He slept better last night but today he is still just not feeling well. He watched baby Einstein 3 times in a row, which NEVER happens. I can't wait for him to feel better. There is nothing worse than seeing your baby sick.

8 comments:

Holly said...

Congrats Ginny!! I'm so happy for you! Hopefully you get over the sickness part soon! By-the-way Oliver IS SO cute!!

Eric and Michelle said...

I know you hate Ollie's hair... but seriously it's still so cute on a little boy... and I'm sorry he's still not feeling better. Come summer if you guys are sick I can come take care of you/encourage you to call 911 every time Ollie coughs cuz I'm ridiculous. :)

Melinda said...

Sorry you are both sick. Congrats again! Looks like you guys have been having fun. I wish all we was getting was rain. :) Check out our blog. I'm doing better at posting.

Tia said...

Poor little guy! I hate when they are so sick they just can't even sleep :(

Maybe it is just kids, but PB&J is my backup meal. If I don't get dinner made in time, it's PB&J and that gets applause around our house.

bren said...

I am sorry you're sick, I do feel your pain! I hate when my kids get croup, it is really scary to me when they can't breath well, that's the worst! I hope he gets better soon...and you too. I want you to be back to your old blogging self because I like hearing all your details. :)

Megan said...

congrats Ginny! That is so exciting. and yes, January is boring. for that matter, february is too.

Tammy said...

He does look cute, despite the hair. :D I think all mom's have made that mistake. I hope he starts feeling better, that's the worst! And its too bad Stacie made it to the blog, she's such a skank! jk :)

Osborne Family said...

wow oliver is getting so old! sorry I bet you hate it when people say that your little man is growing up.. He looks just like Jason. also Congrats!