Monday, October 26, 2009

Halloween 2009

We had a really fun Halloween this year. The festivities started last weekend and just kept going all the way through Halloween. Ollie is still too young to care about/eat candy but he like dressing up and loved wearing his costume.
Ollie was playing on the porch and I found him in his stroller basket.
Jason and Ollie with the pyramid of pumpkins.
Family pic. Too bad Ollie doesn't like to look at the camera.
Here have some hay.
Love my husband.
He loves to push things.
Our little pumpkin.
Playing in the wheelbarrow.
Ollie and Jason rode the cow train together.
Ollie and his buddy Alexander had so much fun playing together. It is so adorable.
Ollie loved the hay.
He kept sliding down the haystacks. He would bounce down on his bum and slide down. A trick he learned on the trampoline.
At a Halloween party. Our friends Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat, a little lobster and his chefs and the bee family.
Us in our costumes.
With Ben and Carlie, the hippies.

The EQP. Hosts of the party.

Monday night we (Jason and I) carved pumpkins for family night. Little Ollie was in bed, thank goodness, he would have made an even bigger mess than we did. Maybe next year.
Jason took his pumpkin carving very seriously and did not appreciate my distracting him for a picture.
Finished products.
I think our pumpkins each reflect our individual personalities. I am happy and fun, Jason, scary and creepy. Haha, obviously I'm joking.
Jason's sister Michelle flew in Tuesday from Utah to interview with a couple of big accounting firms here in San Jose. It was so fun to have her stay with us, and Ollie loved all the attention Aunt Michelle gave him. Michelle's husband Eric flew in Wednesday night. On Thursday Michelle, Eric, Ollie and I met up with our friends the Armstrongs and Jason for lunch at Caffe Macs at Apple. Ollie napped on the way there, with his mouth wide open.
On Friday Ollie and I met up with some friends to trick or treat at local businesses in Willow Glen. It was VERY crowded, so we got lunch and headed back to Amanda's house. Here are Ollie's cute girl friends.
"If you think this goofy costume is going to slow my playing down, you are sorely mistaken." -Ollie
It was SO fun having Michelle and Eric here, and we are so excited that they might move here someday. We forgot to take pictures so we took a couple on the way to the light rail station.


I know this one isn't very good but the picture where we actually used the flash cut off heads....soooo this is what you get.
After this Jason, Ollie and I headed to downtown Campbell and did some more trick or treating at businesses. On Saturday (the actual holiday) my parents came down to hang out with us. We took Ollie to the Pruneyard by our house and did more trick or treating at businesses. Even with all the "trick or treating" we did we came home with about 5 pieces of candy. Ollie doesn't eat candy and I don't want it, so we mainly just wanted to dress Ollie up and take him around. He actually liked wearing his costume. That afternoon my Mom and I went shopping, then we all went out to "Linner" as I call it, or "Lupper" as my Mom calls it. After that my Dad and Jason went and looked for a new car for my Dad. It was a fun day had by all. Sad news is we only got 2 trick or treaters, so we will be eating all the candy we bought :(

5 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like you thoroughly celebrated a great halloween! Lots of fun pics, I loved it.

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

Love the costumes! Very cute!

Megan said...

cute hair!

bren said...

I love your hair! Seriously, you look really cute with short hair. Ollie looks so cute in his bee costume. My Mom was hoping she didn't offend you with her comment on facebook about Sean being mad he was a bee at age 4. :) I dressed Deacon up as a bee too, it's just a cute costume for little kids to wear. Well I will be seeing you soon hopefully, give me a call when you'll be down!

Melinda said...

Isn't halloween so fun now with kids? Kaylie was just old enough to really like going door to door getting candy. Ollie looks so cute in his bee costume! BTW it's a good thing my old roomates have a roomate from Idaho to help them differentiate the difference between straw and hay :) and lambs and goats (caetie's blog) haha Love it!