Monday, April 13, 2009

????

Well I couldn't come up with a good title for this post because it is a compilation of everything we have done over the past few weeks.
A few months ago I did a blog post of me making baby food from scratch. Well Jason thinks he came up with a much better solution. Those huge Costco jars of beens and peaches cost about $3 each and make over 10 jars of baby food a piece. I must admit his idea does have some merit (like only taking 10 minutes to from start to finish) my baby food has more love in each jar :-)

Ollie loves going on runs/walks so I just had to snap a shot of his sweet little face.
It is hard to tell from the small picture but Jason was fixing something on his bike and Ollie grabbed one of the wrenches and began mimicking what Jason was doing, like father like son.
However he quickly decided that wrenches are best used as chew toys.
Ollie and I hung out by the pool the other day. I filled up his little bucket and let him splash around, he loved it.
Ollie has figured out how to open/close drawers and cupboards which has led to more than a few messes and ouches. Here he is caught in the act.
I think this one is so cute, I kept trying to get him to smile and every time the flash would go off he would blink, so cute!
We went up to our parents houses for Easter weekend and while there we had breakfast with our friends Scott, Amanda and Simon.
Simon is about 2 months older than Ollie. They were so cute together. I love this "oh" face Simon makes!
The real reason for going home this weekend was that I got my sister Letty and I tickets to see Britney Spears (for Letty's birthday). Our night was plagued with a few issues, but the concert was fun, and very entertaining.
Letty and I
Jason and Ollie on Easter
We went to my Aunt and Uncle's house for Easter. It was so fun to be with family.
We had a rousing game of volleyball
Ollie loved being outside and watching the game.
On Sunday I hadn't been feeling very well, but didn't think much of it. Just before we left, I threw up and then twice more on the trip home, as in, in the car, in a barf bag...it SUCKED! I think it was just a stomach flu, so I have been resting today and I pretty much feel better.

12 comments:

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

ya know, I always thought she would be fun to see in concert :)

fun fun!!

Lori said...

Oh my! that was quite the recap post and i loved it! It's fun seeing pics of you all and hearing how things are happening for you. Everyone is just looking so good and cute.

The1stdaughter said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better! Traveling with the stomach flu is the pits.

Your little guy is so cute. I'm of the persuasion that if you love making him baby food, you should keep doing it the way you like to. It's always nice to have something that you enjoy doing.

Tia said...

Ollie is just so cute! I love the picture with his eyes closed. I'm so jealous you get to hang out at the pool already :)

bren said...

Oliver's so cute. He seems to be pretty content, playing by the pool, watching the volleyball game, etc. So how was the Britney Spears concert?

Anna said...

Gin...I can not believe how big Ollie is. I got to talk to Jason on the phone the other day (he called me on accident from your phone) glad to hear you guys are doing great, and Ollie is precious!

Megan said...

Or it's morning sickness!!! He's so cute. I'm glad I got to se you for a minute on Sunday!

Josh said...

Hey Guys, how are you? You look like you're doing well and your kid looks like a lot of fun. Jason, thanks for noticing the truck post. I hope to do more work to it in the future so I'll try to keep the progress updated. Take care.

Des said...

I love the pic of him in the stroller! it makes you want to pick him up and squeeze him!! he is getting so big! cute little bug!!

Taylor Family said...

That's a great idea about buying big cans of fruit and vegetables from Costco to make baby food. Did you just puree it as is or did you add something to it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?