Sunday, April 19, 2009

Alaska


We're going to Alaska!!

Our friends Andy and Marissa were kind enough to invite us along on their Alaska trip this summer. They have be a few times and they are in LOVE with Alaska and assure us that we will feel the same way. We are excited for them to take us around. We leave on Ollie's 1st birthday (sad I know) and will be gone for 11 days. I'm a little nervous about leaving the baby for that long, but he will be with our parents so it should be fine. We fly into Anchorage, then we will be heading up to Denali National Park where we will see lots of wildlife and do some hiking. From there it is down to Ninilchik, a tiny town, where we will be staying in a cabin and king salmon and halibut fishing etc. We can't wait. And hopefully Ollie will forgive us for leaving him on his birthday. :)

8 comments:

ixoj said...

Really?! Why? When? What will you do?!

nathan said...

so jealous. That will be SO AWESOME. I know a couple people who have done stuff up there and what an experience. I'm so excited for you!

Jessica Martiele said...

That's AWESOME. And just keep reminding yourselves that 1st birthday parties are just as fun the day before...or 12 days after! Have so much fun!

Nicole said...

What an awesome experience!! Ollie won't even know you're gone on his special day...but I can understand why you'd be sad!!
Love the cute pics with the jogging stroller. He is such a good mix of you two. What a cute cute kid!!

Jami said...

Oh man, I'm so jealous! That will be so fun for you guys! And yes, Ollie will be totally fine and it will be so fun for you guys. You'll have to tell us all about it, and what cooler (is that a word?) people could you go with?!

Stacie said...

That is so cool Gin. I am seriously so jealous! I had two roommates from Alaska and they talked it up so much that I feel like I've been there already!

Melinda said...

That is too bad you have to leave on Ollie's b-day, but I'm sure you can make the day before really special. You will have to let me know how it is leaving him for that long because we are leaving Kaylie in August to go to Hawaii for a week. I'm almost gonna cancel I'm so freaked about it. Let me know! Sounds fun!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

thats awesome!!! i would love to go there!!!!