Sunday, April 26, 2009

Our Weekend

We had a great weekend. Friday evening Ollie and I met Jason at Apple for the "Beer Bash". Apple throws one of these once or twice a month. They have food and drinks and mingling. The theme was earth day so they were driving people around in these cool Aptera electric cars. Jason and Ollie just HAD to have their picture by one. After that we joined some friends on the Los Gatos trail for a nice evening walk. I'll explain the rest of the weekend with the pictures below.


Jason and Ollie with the cool electric car.

Jason and I were laying in bed Saturday afternoon listening to Ollie not sleep (through the monitor). Jason said "Man, I'm so tired, I wish I could go lay down in there with him, then maybe he would go to sleep AND I could get a nap". I told him to do it, so he did! It was so funny. They slept for 40 minutes like that.

Ollie has a little girlfriend Loden, although I have heard from a reliable source (her mother) that she has been flirting with other guys, but Ollie really cares for her so he let it go :-) Anyway, they decided to take their relationship to the next level by having the parents meet. So here we are at Mimi's having dinner.

Now onto the saddest part of the weekend. We sold Jason's motorcycle :-( We just never use it anymore, since we have a baby we can't just take off whenever we want. Here we are saying goodbye. Jason kept asking me if I was going to cry...I mean loved the thing, but come on, I'm not that sentimental!

10 comments:

Nicole said...

that is a crazy cool car. And the nap picture..priceless. Was he really in the crib? I didn't know they could actually hold that much weight! Looks like a fun weekend! How does your friend pronounce her baby's name?? It's cute and different

bren said...

Haha, that picture of Jason in the crib is funny!

We also sold our motorcycle too after we had Kinlee. (my cousin bought it) It was fun but I got over it pretty fast. :)

Beeta said...

I am so jealous you guys get to go to Alaska. Take me with you. Looks like a fun weekend. I'm sorry about the motorcycle, but at least now you probably have some extra cash?! What a good dad to sleep in the crib with his baby.

PS I love that Ollie has a crush already! Tell him to hold out a little longer for our little girl :)

armstrongfamilyblog said...

that is hilarious! I love the picture of the 2 boys in the crib!

Jessica Martiele said...

I don't know whether I like the crib shot or the car shot better. Too cool...both!

Stacie said...

I would think that HE would have been the one crying! Love the picture in the crib, Jason is smaller than I thought :)

Megan said...

The crib picture made me laugh! Seems to be the season to sell bikes...I bid my farewells to Sway, (my dirtbike), a couple months ago too. I was very sad about it, but knew the boy buying it would treat her well.

Tammy said...

Whatever Gin! I know you cried when Jason wasn't looking. Sometimes us girls cry over dumb things, right? I love the picture with you, Ollie, and his 'girlfriend.' His little face is too cute. Glad you had a fun weekend!

Melinda said...

I can't believe he got in the crib! That is hilarious. The things parents will do for sleep right? That is so cute what you wrote about Ollie's gf. haha I didn't even know Jason had a motorcycle. You'll have to get another one when your OLD and don't have little kids to worry about. :)

This is a test site said...

I'm not quite sure how I did it, but somehow I have stumbled upon your blog. I think I was reading someone in my wards blog and found Austin's blog and then onto yours. What a terrific family you have. I can't believe that we have children so close in age. My youngest is 22 months. I just wanted to say hi. I'm pretty sure you remember me, your 2nd grade teacher. :)
Stacey Hay