Sunday, February 08, 2009

Baby Food and Furniture

So, just call me Susie Granola...I have been making Ollie's baby food ever since he started eating real foods.  I love it, it is so fun.  It is also very time consuming and messy so I don't think it is for everyone.  Yesterday I made sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, pears and apples.  It pretty much took me all afternoon, but we are set for a few weeks.  It saves money (unless you think your time is super valuable, in that case you would probably be better off buying baby food),  and I know exactly what my baby is eating.

The second thing is that we went to IKEA yesterday to return a rug we had bought that wasn't big enough.  Well now they are discontinuing the rug in the size that I need so I had to get another one.  It is RED, like bright red, the other one was a deep maroonish red and I liked it much better, but this one works and is kind of spunky (and I'm too lazy to return it and find another one I like).  So what should have been a simple exchange ended up costing much more because we also found a matching dresser for Ollie's room for 50% off and a big picture to go above our bed (see below).

Me, prepping the food

Yum





Now that Ollie is mobile he loves to crawl around the apartment and discover things.  His favorite room is the guest bathroom (I know kind of gross to crawl around in the bathroom, but he stays entertained) and he loves to play with the door stoppers on all the doors.

Helping Dad put together his new IKEA dresser

The new picture (we figured a pic of the golden gate bridge was appropriate since we live in the bay area)

Jason found a bike seat for Ollie on Craigslist.  He is too small for it now but in a couple months it will be perfect.  Ollie is so excited for his new bike seat!!!

10 comments:

bren said...

Wow, that's cool you made all his baby food. Especially cool that you're set for a couple weeks.

That's a cute picture of Ollie with Jason putting the dresser together. I went to the Ikea here in Phoenix and I wanted to buy so much stuff! Whenever we furnish a house, that's where Ill be going. I like the picture you chose, very suitable! My Grandparents have a painting like that (the ones who live in Napa).

Alicia said...

Way to go on making the baby food! I don't have that kind of patience at all. We're moving to a bigger place this next weekend and I'm so excited to finally decorate!

Jen and Joe. said...

I loved making Ian's baby food... Mostly because it tasted like real food... =)

I can't believe he's 6 months old already!! Where did the time go??

Mandy said...

I'm also impressed that you're making your own baby food. I'll probably try it once and give up. :) You're awesome!

Lori said...

Nice work making the baby food. I made some at the beginning and decided it was just too time consuming, so addie has to rough it with gerbers :)

Taryn said...

I'm impressed by your diligence in making Ollie's baby food. I think that would feel so rewarding. I had thought about doing it for Nate, but then I guess my laziness got the best of me :) I bet it will make the transition to eating whole foods all the more easier and he probably won't be such a picky eater.

Ryan and Ashley said...

I cant believe you make your own baby food, you are super woman, thats awesome. Where did you get your food procesor?

Jessica Martiele said...

Okay, WONDERWOMAN! I was all stoked that I OCCASIONALLY made baby food from canned stuff. You? Yeah, talk about a trump. Congrats, though! (Is it organic too? No, seriously...'cuz I just want to feel like an even worse mom!) :)

Megan said...

Good job, Gin! I love making Willow's food, it's the best feeling. I'm part of a co-op for organic fruits and vegtables, so I get my order every other Tuesday, but when I need something right now, its wonderful that Whole Foods is right down the street. I love the picture of Ollie standing with his back towards you...hes legs are so cute! He's growing so fast...it'll be his first birthday before you know it.

Anonymous said...

i seriously think the picture of ollie with jason while putting the dresser together is SO precious and cute.