Sunday, March 22, 2009

Camping at Big Basin

This weekend we went camping with our friends Andy and Marissa at Big Basin State Park. It was Ollie's first camping trip, and I think he had a lot of fun (he didn't exactly say so but I know he did). We left Friday after everyone got off work, and after I got back from Pinkberry with a friend (I know, my life is so hard). We got up there around 7:15 pm, set up our tents, drank hot chocolate, played a card game and then headed to bed. In the morning we made a delicious breakfast of pancakes and eggs with no bacon (Jason left the bacon in the fridge which almost ruined the trip). We lounged around and then packed up our stuff and explored the park for a bit. We had planned to spend the afternoon hiking but it started raining, which was why we didn't stay another night. It was really fun, minus sharing a sleeping bag with Ollie, he is a wild sleeper. We really love camping and we can't wait to go again.

Jason and me

All of us (except Ollie) before bed

Ollie loved the tent, he was so excited when he woke up he just crawled around forever, squealing and having fun

Ollie and Marissa

The guys preparing breakfast

Inside one of the huge redwoods

Fletcher (our car) did not let us down, we packed him so full. Can you believe all the stuff for one night?

And here are some pictures of Oliver. He is just such a busy kid, seriously, he is a NON-STOP mover. We love him so much. He is tons of fun and brings us so much joy every single day! I have been working a day or two a week starting a couple weeks ago, and although I am glad to be practicing, I seriously miss him so much on the days I work. He is my little buddy.
The dishwasher is pretty much the coolest thing he has ever seen, he LOVES it!

I call this one "Patiently Waiting", the second he hears the water running he bolts to the bathroom and waits. I LOVE his cute little bum and chunky legs.

This picture cracks me up. I had just gotten him dressed and usually the second I am done (or while I am dressing him) he turns over and crawls off, well this day he just laid there. This is so rare for him that I left the room to get the camera and when I peaked back he was in the same position. Funny boy.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Ollie is getting so big. I can't believe it. Camping with a baby seems a little complicated. Good job.

Jason, Kim, & Kallie said...

Ginny! Oh man I am so craving camping right now, too bad it's still really cold in IOwa! Ahhh. We miss you guys. Little Ollie is getting so big! I love the tub pic, can't get enough of those chubby legs!

Jami said...

Thanks for posting all of those pictures to make me SO JEALOUS! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Call us next time you're in Utah. I cannot belive how big little "oliber thing" is getting! :)

The Hills... said...

I'm so jealous! Big Basin was one of our most favorite places to camp when I was growing up! Looks like fun!

By the way, Brian saw your blog last night and was completely floored by how big Ollie is! I guess I don't keep him in the loop as often as I should!

Megan said...

Fun trip! And little baby bottoms are the cutest little things! Sometimes I call Willow my little 'buglet-bottom'.hahaha.

jacqui said...

Hi There!
I came across your blog because I was googling for "hiking in big basin with baby", we're going this weekend, and it'll be our first trip with our son (1 yr. old). I am wondering if you'll be willing to share your experience. Do you know if a regular stroller can go through the camping trail? or is the trail too rough?
thanks in advanced for your help!