Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Pennsylvania 2009

For those of you who don't know, I have tons of wonderful family in PA.  My Mom grew up there and has 8 brothers and sisters who still live in PA.  I love them all so much and they have been a huge part of my life, so naturally I wanted Ollie to meet them.  Every Sunday the family gets together for a big lunch at my Grandmas, so last week, my mom, Ollie and I surprised everyone by just showing up.  It was so fun.  I was totally stressing out about the flights there and back, since we had two layovers each way, but Ollie was SUCH a trooper! We had a great week spending time with family.  It was so cold there, and Ollie had his first experience with snow.  He also got a bad cold and bronchitis, poor baby.  We had a great time, but we missed Jason a lot (and I'm pretty sure he missed us too).  We hope to be able to go back again soon, maybe when we visit my sister who is moving to North Carolina :(  Anyway, here are a million pictures from our week back east.

Ollie at the airport, the nice thing about the layovers is that he could get down and crawl around


We saw this cool farm on the way to my Grandma's

Grandma Bea feeding Ollie, he loves her!

Aunt Jill and Aunt Tonya with Ollie.  They knew we were coming and took such good care of us, we had tons of baby food, diapers, wipes, toys and outfits...it was so sweet of them!

All the ladies got together one night for Chinese take out and games, it was quite an educational night for some ;)

Ollie and I in the snow

Mom sledding, she biffed it

Ollie getting a bottle from Uncle Jimmy

Some of my cute cousins, Katelyn, Meredith, Bekah and Lydia

My Mom with two of her sisters

We got to watch the superbowl at my Aunt Amy's house, it was so fun to watch it with serious Steelers fans.  My Aunt kept yelling at the game and scaring Ollie, so she gave him her terrible towel, what an awesome souvenir!

Ollie with Aunt Amy

Alex, Isaac, Leah, Me, Amy, Ollie

Eating Aunt Tonya's hair

Ollie with Uncle Doug

Ollie with his second cousins Joey and Josh, we barely missed meeting the newest member of the family, Jackson, I was bummed!

Bekah and Nathaniel cutting Joey's hair...it probably wasn't the best idea

It was a little short..., and a little crooked..., luckily Aunt Jill fixed it, mostly...

More of us in the snow

Ollie loved this Johnny Jump-up

More snow pics, I wish one of my photographer friends had been there, I think this would have made a good photo shoot


Ollie with Ava and Brayden

I'm cute

Four generation picture

Game night

Grandma walking Ollie around

Poor kid was always in a million layers, it reminded me of a Christmas Story

Ollie with Uncle Rick and Aunt Linda

Mohawk

Ollie with my cousins Leah and Lydia

Ollie with my cousin Dakota, he was so cute with Ollie, they were buddies!

Ollie was really tired on the plane, I tried to keep him awake so he would take a bottle during take-off, but he couldn't make it

Ready for a nap, on our last flight we had a whole row

This is for my Grandma cause she kept saying that she thought Ollie would be pulling himself up on stuff really soon, well he has already started

Man, we love this kid so much!
This isn't the cutest pic of Ollie, but look how big his eyes are, and they are cool cause they are blue on the outside and brown in the middle

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Can I tell you how much I love the last picture? Geez, Ollie is a little prodigy child. He'd going to be walking before he's seven months old! Awesome!

t.t.turner said...

I love the second to last picture - I didn't know he had dimples! So cute. What a fun trip!

darcie said...

Ollie-wog is so CUTE! especially crawling in a diaper.

Megan said...

I love the picture of Ollie and the sled! He's darling. I'm glad you guys had fun!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I'm glad he did so well with the traveling!

jeff and jen said...

He is so cute. In that picture where he is trying to pull himself up on those shelves. . .It looks like he has no legs. I have spent hours looking at this picture trying to figure out how he legs could be under there and what position they are in.