Saturday, January 03, 2009

Christmas 2008

We had a great Christmas with our families.  It is always a very busy day because we are trying to divide our time between families (now that we have Ollie it is even more important). We spent Christmas Eve at my parents, so we did Christmas morning there. After opening presents and a yummy breakfast, we headed over to Jason's family, where we opened more presents. We then got ready and headed to my aunts for lunch and the annual white elephant gift exchange. After the gift exchange it was back to the Millers for dinner. It was a great day, we love our families so much!

Our little family on Christmas

Our friend Jennie made this adorable hat for Ollie, we love it!

Christmas morning, everyone but Jack :(

Some of my cousins playing cards at my aunts house

Michelle, Brian, and Alicia

Dad, Mom, Letty, and Grandma

Me and Letty in our ugly Christmas sweaters

My aunt Teresa and aunt Cheryl (and Ollie, Cheryl has the magic touch)

We made out really good this year. Here are a few of our favorite Christmas presents:


Obviously this is our favorite gift to ourselves, as well as from Jason's parents since they helped us with the purchase

I have made it known on this blog how nerdy Jason and I are.  Well this Christmas present is the nail in our nerdy coffin, since we are both SO excited about it.  It is a Shelf Reliance can rotation system.  Now we can organize our cans, make room in our cupboards, and keep a good stash of food storage.
I love the labels!

Since Ollie is now eating baby food and can sit up on his own, Grandma Jan got him a high chair.  He looks like such a big boy in it.

This one is mine...new knives!!!  I have needed them for a long time.


6 comments:

Jessica Martiele said...

3 things: 1, we're nerds too, because that food storage rotation thing is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! 2, ARE THOSE J.A. HENCKELS KNIVES?!?!?! I'd give my left arm for a set of those! (Not my right arm, though, or I couldn't chop with them.) 3, What do you mean, ugly sweaters? I have the one your sister is wearing and I wear it proudly to every church activity during the month of December! Okay, no, not really...actually, I'd never own anything quite so hideous, unless it was for pictures like those, which are hysterical. Seriously, Lettie's looks like an '80's kid's puffy painting accident, and yours looks like it belongs on one of the elderly sisters in our ward. FAB.

Merry belated Christmas! Love to you three from us four!

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Ugly sweater???? That's mine! :)

Mom

Tammy said...

I think all married couples are nerds because I would've never, ever wanted a Shelf Reliance for Christmas. But I def. want one of those babies now that I saw yours. Ollie is getting so big! It nice your families lives so close together so you can shuffle between the both for the holidays! Well, thanks for the cute pics!

The Evers said...

So I am totally jealous of your shelf system thing! What nerds we are! I love your other gifts too! I need to post our Christmas morning pics too! Lots of good stuff ollie got spoiled!

bren said...

That is an awesome shelf thing. I want to look into that once we have an official living space. :) Thanks for the idea!

Unknown said...

The Shelf Reliance organizer is a fantastic product!