Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cars and Company

Two fun things happened this weekend. First Stacie came down to visit us and secondly we test drove what we think will be our next car.
I have been friends with Stacie since we were little babies. It is so fun to get together with her.  I really miss all the friends I grew up with so it is fun to get to hang out with Stacie...it brings me back to the good times! We got ice cream at Dairy Queen, played a new card game, and I kicked Stac's butt in Boggle (she beat me last time so our next game will be the big tie breaker). Thanks for coming Stac, your welcome anytime!

Now onto the car part, it may come as a shock but we are looking at a Ford (gasp)!!! I know many of you are thinking, "how can a car guy like Jason be wanting a Ford?" Well I'll let Jason explain:
We find ourselves at a crossroad where we must get a new car (our 2 door Civic with 220,000 miles is just not big enough). We first wanted to get the new 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid or 2010 Toyota Prius (they come out Summer 2009). However unlike most people, Jason and I are the kind of people who buy one car every 10 years not every 3 years. Therefore a standard five passenger car isn't going to work for us a few years down the road. Our future need to seat more passengers forced us to confront the choice of Minivan vs. SUV. Jason just can't get passionate about minivans, and neither of us wants a gas guzzling, pain in the butt to haul kids around in SUV, so that led us to the 2009 Ford Flex. It came down to 8 things that made the Flex the best option for us: 
  1. We like the funky 'Think Different' styling of the Flex
  2. Ford is an American owned company
  3. Ford just surpassed Toyota in J.D. power associates quality rankings
  4. Ford is the only company to offer the Microsoft Sync system (about the only good thing to come out of Microsoft recently)
  5. The Flex seats 7, tows 4500 lbs, and still gets 24mpg
  6. It can be bought new for about 22k
  7. All the reviewers love it, from Motor Trend to Car and Driver.
  8. And finally, we took one for a 3 hour test drive on Saturday and we both loved it.
Picture of 2009 Ford Flex (we like this color)

Now check below for new pics of Ollie :)

5 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

first off - I love love your pic at the top! where did you take them? near jason's house?? also, no shame in liking a ford. I grew up in a ford family myself. my grandpa worked for ford for 30 years and they are a good company (although their cars sometimes get a bad rep) your little guy is getting so big - it's crazy how fast they grow!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is awesome!

I love fords :)

Never had any problems with them ever! :)

Chris said...

I have loved the fords I have owned. But I do recall Jason giving me crap about buying one. Hmmmm... I guess he is coming along.

The only BIG problem with fords is that they don't hold value well. Then again no cars holds any value over 200k.

Stacie said...

Thanks Gin! I always love coming to visit you guys. I will have to utilize that convenience while I am still living here. And even though I hate Fords, I must admit, it was a pretty smooth ride. And I know Jason has done his homework.

Lance and Becky said...

I love it! Honestly, I totally expected you to say the hybrid...I would've put money down on that...good thing I didn't :)