Monday, December 01, 2008

Disneyland 2008

Ok, I have a lot of catching up to do.  I will start with Disneyland.  We left on my birthday and flew from San Jose to Long Beach ($39 one-way tickets...awesome), picked up our rental car and headed straight to Disneyland.  How lucky am I for getting to go to Disneyland on my birthday, I even got a cool button and everyone made sure to wish me a happy day. My family drove there early that same morning and were already in the park when we arrived. We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening running around doing all the fun rides (since it was a Thursday and no lines).  The next day Jason had to work (from the hotel), the rest of us headed back to Disneyland.  We came back, ate, relaxed, picked up Jason, and went back to California Adventure until closing, it was so fun.  Then we headed back to Disneyland for the first night of the Christmas firework show.  It was amazing...truly MAGICAL!!  The fireworks were great and perfectly choreographed to the Christmas music.  Then we rode some rides until the crowds died down, it was a long night, but fun.  Saturday we shopped and then I met up with our old friend from the good ole Provo days, Jessica Bradshaw.  She met up with me, my Mom and sisters and we saw Twilight (which I mostly liked, but didn't agree with some of the casting choices).  Then we met the guys and watched the BYU/Utah game at a pub near our hotel.   Sunday some of us went to church and then we headed to Newport Beach.  Monday was another fun day at Disneyland, although much more crowded because of the Thanksgiving holiday, so we watched a lot of shows and parades. Tuesday morning we flew to Salt Lake to spend Thanksgiving with Jason's family in Idaho (more on that in the next post), while the rest of my family headed to Universal Studios and then home.  It was so fun to hang out with my family, and I know Ollie just LOVED Disneyland...jk, but it was so fun with Alyssa, she really did love it.  My pics are in the wrong order but I'm not fixing it, so they go from our last day to our first.


The fam watching the Pixar parade

I think we are going to have an early teether, this kid loves to chew on EVERYTHING including Mom's finger, and he is a drooling machine

Newport Beach, checkout all the drool on the Bijorn

This was Letty's idea, obviously she has done it before

All the kids

Newport Beach Temple

Jason with Ollie and Lys sporting their Apple attire

Ollie got to go in the pool for his first time, my Mom got him this cool floaty thing, he loved it, I think he might be the next Michael Phelps :-)

Chrissy with the "C"

Letty posing with the "L"

Hanging out with Mr. Incredible

Letty and Lys got chosen from the crowd to participate in the High School Musical 3 parade, it may have helped that we were in the front row and knew all the songs 

Main Street all lit up for Christmas

Sleeping Beauty's castle

It's a Small World all decked out for Christmas

Jason was pumped when he saw Buzz Lightyear, he thinks Ollie with like this pic in a few years

The kids with Minnie

Ollie's 1st visit button

Ready to have some fun at the "Happiest Place on Earth"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should put the one up of me jumping and my name in the sand.

Alicia said...

I'm glad you had such an awesome birthday! Ollie is so adorable and watch out for those teeth when they do get here...Jon has 3 and one on the way. They're super sharp!

Stacie said...

Disneyland is the bomb. Looks like a fun family trip. I'm glad Chrissy finally got some air on the jumping one. Ollie is incredibly cute! I love his big dark eyes.

Vic said...

Your mom is so cute.

Ashlyn said...

We just got back from Disneyland. We just missed you! It looks like you guys had a great time. I can't believe how big Ollie is getting! He is adorable!!