Monday, November 10, 2008

Velodrome

Last summer while Jason was interning at Apple, he discovered that there was a Velodrome in San Jose, ever since then he has wanted to pay it a visit. So on Saturday Jason and Layne Caldwell decided to bike over to the Velodrome for a Saturday morning training class. Of course they got lost along the way, rode over 30 miles looking for it (it is 7 miles from our house), and arrived late for the class. But they did eventually find it and they both had a lot of fun. Jami wants to try riding next time we go, I'm not so sure about riding in a tight pack, at 30+mph, with no brakes. Jason says he would like to try racing at an amateur event in a few weeks (I can already hear him explaining to me why he NEEDS a track bike in order to start racing).  Anyway, here are a few pictures from the Velodrome and the rest are of Ollie, who turned three months old on Halloween.  He is such a joy!


Having so much fun



Riding hard

Jason speeding by
Layne and Jason are on the left
Happy boy, he just sits in this little chair while I take a shower each day
Dressed for church, I love sweater vests on little boys
Playing with Grandma
Ollie loves to sleep on people, that is when he gets his best naps, but I can't hold him that long during the day (and get anything done) so when Grandma Jan visits he gets lots of cuddly naps
Getting ready for a walk, he has a really small head so the hood doesn't quite fit
It looks like he is scratching Jason's back
In his new Bumbo chair (I LOVE craigslist), excuse the poor quality of the picture, I took it with my laptop, for video click here.

5 comments:

nathan said...

I can't believe how big Ollie is getting! he is so cute! my favorite picture is him in the bumbo. Those things are great. so much more content.

nathan said...

oh sorry- that was me...des

The Evers said...

Is this the thing that Jas needed his new pedals for? It looks cool, I bet he loved it. I love that you got a Bumbo too. You will have to let me know if it is worth it. He looks so cute in his little chair!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

How fun!

I have only heard great things about bumbos...

Looks fun! :)

Amanda Hardman said...

I love the picture of him in his bouncer. That's exactly how Simon is when I shower. I don't know what it is...but he HAS to be with me when I shower. I'm glad I'm not the only one!