Sunday, April 20, 2008

Graduation Weekend

Some of mine and Jason's family came into town this weekend to see me graduate from dental hygiene school and to celebrate Jason's graduation next week. Jason decided he would rather go on a vacation than walk in his graduation so we celebrated both this weekend. It was so nice of our families to come spend time with us, and we had a great time. My graduation was nice, I had to speak in it since I was a class representative. I really wasn't too excited about speaking but it wasn't as bad as I expected. I was nominated for a few awards at school and received one, so that made the ceremony a little more interesting (since we didn't know who was getting what). Even though my class has an associate track and a bachelor track we all wanted to graduate together. Because I am in the bachelor program I still have six weeks of class. Jason has 3 more finals in his college career, this would be more exciting, but he pretty much checked out before the semester started (having a job in place and only taking classes for your minor will do that to you). We leave for Boston, Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont on Wednesday. I feel like I have had no time to plan anything, but we are really looking forward to it. Baby is doing really good. He hardly kicked this weekend when I wanted to show him off to everyone, but now that they are gone he is back to his active self! Each week is more fun, and we can't wait for July.
I love her...isn't she pretty!!
Letty, Chrissy, Lys and Jason at Guru's
Me speaking
My beautiful sisters and I
Jason, me and Jan (Jason's Mom)
Shelley and I
Tracie, Lateesha, Breanne and I getting ready to graduate
Jason and I
Me with Jason's Grandparents
My fam (minus Alyssa and Jack)
We borrowed a cap and gown so we could get a picture of Jason and I 
I think it is so cool that our baby does everything with us...he got to go to the graduation too!
We had a picnic on Saturday
Jason and Lys playing on the playground

Yeah!!


Mmmmm...slurpees! (ok usually I don't like slurpees because they are way too sugary but for some reason that day, the cherry slurpee was so delicious)

Sisters
Baby getting more kisses
The fam playing turbo cranium (I look HUGE)
The girls minus Mom

13 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

You look so great Ginny! Congrats on you both graduating...doesn't it feel great, and also speaking and your award! Have so much fun on your "babymoon" trip!

Osborne Family said...

YAY we did it! Ginny your talk was great at graduation, I enjoyed it and I think everyone would say the same. Have a blast on your trip, you will have so much fun. Time to just relax!

Dan and Ashley said...

Gin Congrats!!! What an exciting accomplishment! Seriously, I am so proud of you! Graduation is huge! I was soooo excited at mine! It felt so good to have it all behind me! Looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend celebrating! You're hair is so gorgious Gin! I love it! And your belly couldn't be cuter! We miss you guys so much and need to have a visit sometime soon! Maybe we'll plan a quick visit up there this summer or something. Can't wait to hear all about your trip back east! I am so jealous! Dan still talks all the time about how he wants to go on an RV trip with you guys....:) We'll have to do that with our little boys some day in the future. Congrats again and tell Jason congrats for us too!

The Evers said...

Oh way to go Gin! It looks like everything went well! You look so cute all dolled up for your graduation! What a fun time and I agree with Ashley, it is nice to know you have accomplished something huge and it will soon be behind you! We are very proud of you too! You worked very hard for this, and hopefully you can be a fun person again-haha jk! We love you! I am glad your fun family could all be there! That picture at the park really made us miss you guys! That is going to be one loved little guy! Take lots of pics on your trip!

Dan and Ashley said...

So, I spend way too much time on blogs...haha...but I just saw your comment on mine and I have to tell you that we really are serious and we totally should plan an RV trip for sometime in the near future. We would definitely go! Let's get your baby here and then we should talk....maybe next spring or something??? It would be SO much fun! Miss you guys!

Brooke S. said...

Congrats madam speaker! Have fun traveling!

Lori said...

Hey, congratulations on graduating, that really rocks. You can jason have so much fun stuff coming up. Baby boy, graduating, and moving to cali and being grown ups for real! We'll definitely miss you here though. Let me know if you're having a baby shower before you go, because I want to get you something either way.

bren said...

Congratulations both of you! I bet that's a good feeling to be officially done (in 6 weeks anyway). Have fun on your upcoming trip!!

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

Ginny! Congrats on Graduating and on your baby boy that is on it's way. That is awesome! You are the cutest girl! And we have the same blog background! We have the same taste, which means we are meant to be friends :)

Megan said...

congratulations guys! very awesome. im very excited for your trip...i hope you have tonz-o-fun!

Stacie said...

Congrats Gin!! I'm glad you had a fun visit with your fam. Chrissy invited me, but I think it was a cruel joke, which really hurt me. I would have loved to beat your whole family in take 1!! Yeah, I love that game now! Have fun in Boston and don't forget to get me a souvenir!!

ashley marie said...

you broke the 100 mark!! less than 100 days to go -- I'm excited and jealous at the same time! :) you're looking great! and congrats on grad... well in 3 more weeks, right? yay all done!

Lance and Becky said...

Congratulations both of you! How very exciting! Ginny, you look awesome, and so beautiful! Jas, you look handsome :) Have fun on your trip, you guys deserve it!