Sunday, April 06, 2008

Conference Weekend

We had a really fun conference weekend. My friend Tammy came down from Idaho, so we got to play on Friday. We had lunch together, went to Barnes and Noble, and I gave her a grand tour of my school (I know, really fun). That night we met up with our husbands and Tam's friends Michelle and Trevor and went to Zupas and Subzero (a new ice cream place in Provo where they use Liquid Nitrogen to make the icecream when you order) and then came back to our place and played games. It was so fun to catch up with Tammy, we grew up together and it is like nothing has changed!! Saturday we stayed home and watched conference, and then had a Spaghetti dinner with the singles ward. It was tons of fun, Jason and I served up lots of plates of spaghetti to the kids in the ward. Afterward I got to hang out with my cute cousin Stephanie while Jason went to the priesthood session. Our friend James gave us tickets for the Sunday morning conference session, so we headed up to Salt Lake. Our seats were awesome, we were about 15 rows from the very front. It was a good way to spend our last conference weekend in Utah. After conference Jason's sister Michelle made lasagna and brought it over for dinner. I just LOVE food that other people cook, it was so delicious. Anyway it was a great weekend. I have my 6 month appt on Tues so I will be getting some new belly pictures up soon.
Tammy in my chair, I took a look and did not like what I saw...jk
Me with my operatory
Me, Tammy, and Michelle
My cute husband and I at Zupas
Me and Tam
Ok, I just had to throw this in, I found this book that has all the Jane Austen novels together. I have only read P&P, so I figure I can't call myself a true Jane Austen fan until I have read the rest (this was inspired by the movie "The Jane Austen Book Club")
Mo Tabs, look how close we were!
Jason and I after Sunday morning session

8 comments:

Tammy said...

I didn't know you guys got tickets to go to conference! Lucky ducks...yeah me and Alejandro were close on Saturday too. But I don't think we were as close as you guys were. It was fun to come hang out with you guys! I miss being close to my really good friends and family. Well, you're lucky I even let you look in my mouth! jk. Well, good luck at school this week!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is awesome! I love catching up with old friends! And lucky you on the good seats!

Stacie said...

I'm glad you two had a fun time together! I would be scared to look in Tammy's mouth...who knows what's been in there! jk!! That ice cream place sounds really cool. I just tried gelato and feel in love :) It's basically the bomb.com. We have to go to a place in Walnut Çreek when you move out here.

Stacie said...

Fell in love...I meant. And who knows how i got that crazy thing on the "C" in Creek...hahaha!

bren said...

Was the Jane Austen movie good? Honestly, I'm not a big fan but I did want to see that. I just wasted five bucks and two hours of my life last night watching a movie that was soo horribly made, so I don't want to do that again before getting approval from a trusted source. :) I always ask you and Stacie for opinions on movies. Well, I'll admit, I am quite jealous that you had such great seats at conference. I've never been before.... That looks like a fun weekend with Tammy visiting.

Amanda Hardman said...

What a fun weekend! How was it hearing the Motab? I would love to hear them live!!

Darwin + Kiara said...

Hey Ginny! I found your blog and wanted to exchange so we can keep in touch. You're getting close to graduating from UCDH, right? Keep me posted :)

-Kiara Deming

The Evers said...

Fun weekend! I am craving Zupas! I love when friends come to visit, it is like a vacation for everyone!