Monday, April 21, 2008

Excellent Ice Cream

With a pregnant wife in the house you can imagine that we consume our fair share of ice cream. In fact as I write this there are 5 ice cream containers currently in our freezer; so I take note when an extra good ice cream comes along. Well let it be know that I have discovered the greatest ice cream to ever grace the freezer section of your local grocery store. This culinary masterpiece goes by the name of: Private Selection Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (see below for a picture). I just finished contacting Interamerican Foods (the maker of the ice cream) with the following customer service email:

I am just writing to let you know how amazingly good your Private Selection Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is. I am a mint chocolate chip ice cream connoisseur and of all the premium brands on the market yours is by far the best. From loads of thinly sliced chocolate shavings that melt in your mouth, to the smooth cool minty flavored ice cream, it never fails to delight. I will quit rambling now, but let it be know if you ever mess with this masterpiece and come out with a "new and improved" mint chocolate chip ice cream you better plan on getting an earful from me! Thanks again.

P.S. For the record the worst ice cream ever is Bryer's Rocky Road, whoever invented that fake marshmallow swirl crap should be imprisoned, "All Natural" my butt!

***This post written by Jason***

7 comments:

Kristen S said...

Hahaha I could totally picture you saying this as I read it. I think we even had an ice cream discussion at school once! As far as good ice cream goes, have you ever tried Blue Bell? It's sooooo good but you can't get it out here-- it's only in southern states. They have this one kind that has pieces of sugar cone dipped in chocolate and swirls of caramel...yum!

The1stdaughter said...

Okay...I completely 100% agree with you! This is by far my favorite flavor/brand of ice cream and while I was pregnant it was a staple in our house as well. I was just grateful that out here on the east coast they have "Kroger" stores which are the same as the "Smith's" back in Utah.

ashley marie said...

you are too funny!! they should have some sort of jeff foxworthy book titled, "you know you're pregnant when..." and one of them be "...you write letters of appreciation to ice cream makers." I truly only love ice cream when I'm pregnant, weird huh?

Stacie said...

As you well know, I am quite the mint lover. And I LOVE when in the mint chocolate chip ice cream, there are flakes of chocolate and not chunks. Truth be told, actually the WalMart brand is pretty good in regards to the MCC. Where would one get this brand that you have discovered?

bren said...

You gotta know that I'd comment on this post. I'd really like to try that brand because I am really picky with icecream. I agree with the Blue Bell comment, Rusty's family gets that in Texas and it is really good. You guys need to try Schwans-it's one of the best also. I actually like Breyers icecream, however Dreyers is kind of bland. Let us know where to get that icecream. (I dont like mint but if they have something peanut buttery or even fruity, thats even better).

The Evers said...

While reading this I knew that it had to be the work of Jason Miller! It just did not have the same ring to it, as Gin's writing style! Good job Jas you little cutie! We LOVE Private Selection ice cream! You will have to try my favorite PS kind next time, it is called Extreme Moose tracks. It is sooo good!

Meriel Frandsen said...

I agree 100% that this brand has by far the BEST line of ice creams I have ever found. The cookies and cream has the most cookies out of any brand I have ever tried. It's definitely my fav too. Wish I had a great excuse to eat lots of ice cream too, but I don't and so I'm stuck coming up with really lame reasons why I should be able to eat it all the time!