Monday, April 14, 2008

Colorado Rockies My World

As I mentioned before Jason and I jetted off to Denver this past weekend to visit our wonderful friends Jeff, Kelly and Elle. We love them so much, and it was great to catch up. Once we are together it feels like we have never been apart! Jeff was kind enough to let me visit him at work (he works for an oral surgeon) so I got to observe some implant surgeries, which would probably not be that cool to most people, but it was fascinating to me. That same day Kelly showed us a really cute gourmet market called Tony's. I love those kinds of markets, I wanted to buy everything. I was lucky enough to find the arborrio rice that I haven't found around here (I don't look too hard), so I can finally make my red wine risotto...yeah!! That night we ate at Pei Wei, which was delicious. Jason and I visited Boulder last time we were in CO and we loved it so on Saturday we headed up to Boulder for the afternoon. Jason had found a wet suit on craigslist (for his upcoming triathlon) so we picked that up and walked around Pearl Street. That night we met up with Jeff and Kelly's friends Jason and Ashley and ate at The Cheesecake Factory. They were really cool and we had a great time playing games with them after dinner. We didn't leave until late Sunday night so we got to go to church with them and have dinner with Kelly's family. We had such a great weekend, thanks to the Thompson family for accommodating us and to Jeff and Kelly for taking us to do so many fun things. We can't wait until we get to hang out again...Monterey in August maybe???
Kelly and Elle playing Guitar Hero
The manly men working on the car
Is this girl not the cutest!??!?
Kelly and I checking blogs
Jason and I in Boulder
Kelly and I, don't mind that Kelly is like a foot taller than me
Elle modeling her moms glasses
My Nicole Richie impression
All of us at the Cheesecake Factory
Me, Jason and Jeff
Kel, Ashley and Jason
We love this little girl (Jason tried to make it in the picture but it didn't really happen)
The gang right before we left
Elle getting ready to give our baby a kiss
Seriously how cute is this, she is giving our baby little kisses

11 comments:

Dan and Ashley said...

HOW FUN!!! That is so cool that you guys got to go for a visit! It looks like you guys had so much fun! We miss all four of you so very much! Gin, you are the cutest little pregnant lady ever--seriously, you look amazing! You have such a cute little basketball! How are things going? You still feeling good? Have you guys thought of any names yet?

The Evers said...

WOW Ash is supa fast too! These are so cute and we could never ask for better friends! Thank you again for the best weekend! It truly helped lift my spirits these days! I love you both and that little baby, who I can not wait to meet! I cant wait to come visit in May! Good luck with everything this week! I hope you can relax and take it all in, it is such a fun time! Love you!

Lori said...

I totally dig the belly kisses shot. I need to hire a little kid to kiss my belly so we can take pics of it.

The1stdaughter said...

What fun! You guys look like you had a blast! Makes me miss everyone even more... :(

Tammy & Gabe said...

Such cute pics Gin! And it looks like you had a lot of fun too! I love visiting friends and getting out of town and out of the the same old, same old ya know?!

Lance and Becky said...

What a fun trip! I love CO.! Miss, Jeff and Kelly so much, and you guys! I'm glad you had a great time! Love you guys!

Nate and Katie said...

Elle kissing your tummy is the cutest thing ever! I'm so sad that both of us will have moved by the time your little boy is born, but I guess it's a good thing that us old-timers are finally getting out of here :) Glad you guys had a fun trip!

Osborne Family said...

Kissing your tummy so cute... does that not make you so excited to have yours!!!

Taryn said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I can tell that you guys have such a good friendship. I love that picture of Elle kissing your belly, so cute!

The Richards in Canada said...

Looks like fun. We all need to get together sometime.
BTW ginny about having only cute kids...we actually throw out the not so cute ones.
We hope to see you guys at the end of next month!

Megan said...

how fun! and that nicole richie impression is dead on...way to nail it.