Monday, February 04, 2008

Our Trip To Ethiopia

Friday night we went and tried out Ethiopian food with the Zirkers. Travis came across this restaurant (which is really hidden), and they were kind enough to invite us to come along. The food was really good (except I didn't like the beet dish, mostly due to my aversion to beets). We ordered a huge platter of food, and it comes with the crepe-like things that you use to scoop the food up. There were no plates. It was a really fun little place. Afterward we headed back to Provo and visited one of Kelly and Travis' favorite gelato places (a place Jason and I have been meaning to try for some time now) called Maestros (it is on Center St in Provo, if you live around here you should try it). It was soooooo good. The gelato was heavenly and they also make delicious crepes and chocolate shot type thingys. In Europe after a meal, most people get a cute little shot of expresso, so it is like that but with REALLY rich delicious chocolate. It was a great evening! We love trying new kinds of food!
Outside the restaurant
The platter of food
Cute little chocolate shot
All of us at Maestros
Which of these pictures doesn't belong? Ok this is a picture of Jason before he attempted to ride on Saturday (the high was only 33 degress, but it was sunny so it was deceiving). His parents got him this sweet cycling jacket, he said that was the only part of his body that wasn't FREEZING!!! I keep assuring Jason we will be in CA soon where he can ride all year long!

6 comments:

Megan said...

youre lucky if you were able to take that shot of chocolate and not get heart burn! aagh, i even look at chocolate and i have to eat some tums...i swear man, i eat those by the bucketfuls! that food looks...interesting. im glad you enjoyed it! it remindes of the food on indiana jones and the temple of doom.

Lori said...

First things first, your updated blog header and whatnot is just too cute.
Second, beets are disgusting and should be avoided at all cost.
Third, you and jason definitely win the award for utilizing the coolness that is provo and living in utah. You always seem to be finding and doing all the fun things that I know I could do, but don't take the time. Like eating and nifty hidden restaurants and going to the sundance film festival.
Fourth, i love you both and will totally miss you when you leave.

Stacie said...

Okay, I've been on a major sugar kick lately and that chocolate shot thing looks SOOOO good!

bren said...

Yeah, that African food does look interesting. So have you ever tried Borsch? I think that's how you spell it. It's like a beet soup, and I know you don't like beets but this stuff is so good. Rusty's been wanting me to try it because that's practically all they ate in Romania. I went to a Russian club up on campus with him and had it there for the first time. I think it is appropriate to say that it was bomb diggity!

The Evers said...

Hey, I am glad you posted about your dinner, I was telling Jeff about it. He did not know Ethiopians ate either :) I am not sure how I feel about the looks of that meal... So next time I am there I want to try the gelato place! Jeff and I love gelato (am I spelling that wrong-probably)! I am glad you had a fun weekend!

Lance and Becky said...

I love trying new places to eat! You go Jas, I haven't ran now for a good while...it's toooo cold, and I would probably eat it out there! Ginny, how are you feeling?