Monday, February 18, 2008

Our Solution to Cabin Fever

I LOVE three day weekends!!! This weekend we were lucky enough to spend some time in Driggs, Idaho where we stayed in a cabin with family and friends. Our weekend started Thursday night. I had to be in Salt Lake for the Utah Dental Association Convention on Thursday and Friday, so Jason met me up there Thursday night, and we went to dinner and spent the night in SLC. After the convention on Friday we drove to the cabin in Driggs. Jason's sister Jen and her husband Jeff planned the weekend. They rented a big cabin and invited lots of family and friends (about 20). Saturday almost everyone went skiing at Targhee (baby and I stayed home), and some went snowmobiling. Sunday we just hung out, played games, a little more snowmobiling and lots of eating. We headed back Monday morning so we could stop in Blackfoot and see Jason's grandparents. We had a great weekend. It was really fun for me because Jeff's family loves to play games, and so do I, so lots of games were played, in fact I haven't stayed up so late for so many nights in a long time. A big thanks to Jen and Jeff for putting together such a fun little getaway!

Me and Jeff's cute nephew Corbin, he is sooooo cute!!!
Testing out the goggles
Jen, Shannon, Lori and Corbin
Jeff and Ollie being rockstars, playing guitar hero
Jared and Mandy
Jamie, Jen and Jan
Jason, Jan and I before our snowshoeing excursion
Jason and I, isn't it gorgeous
Jason and his Mom
Jason, Jan and I, you can see the Tetons in the background
Jen, Casey, Jared, Mandy and Mike enjoying dinner
Danny, Jamie, Ollie and Renee cleaning up dinner
Mark, Jen and Jeff playing Ticket To Ride
Michelle and I
Ollie and Renee
Coleman, Casey and Mike

11 comments:

bren said...

What a fun 3 day weekend! Looks like a cool cabin, it really is pretty up there around Driggs. I like the pic with the Tetons in the background. Although you weren't able to ski, it looks like you had a fun, active weekend anyway!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is awesome! What a fun way to spend your weekend!

I love get togethers like that! :)

The Evers said...

Ahhh Ticket to Ride, I rock at that game-haha! How cool that Jas's family could all come, what a blast! You guys do so many fun things! I wish I were there to play some games too, it has been a while now that we are not neighbors :( I am glad you guys had a great time!

Stacie said...

Oh, Driggs, what a lovely place. My old roommate Jill married a guy from there so she'll probably end up living there someday! It is really gorgeous! I played guitar hero on Saturday night, did you have the drums and singing too?? It is so fun!

Beeta said...

We NEED to play!!! I'm so glad you had a 3 day weekend, cause I never do! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Yeah, I saw Jen at the hospital. I'm doing an internship there and it's almost over! Hallelujah!!! WE'RE ALMOST DONE!!!!

The1stdaughter said...

What a blast! You guys look like life is really treating you well. I am so glad to have found your blog! I can't believe you guys are going to have a baby soon! How neat! You will have to check out our blog when you get a chance and take a look at our little man, Jace.

nathan said...

Hey guys this is Nate. I was just looking into getting a macbook and was wondering if Jason had any suggestions of where and when would be best to get one. Congrats on the baby and good luck with everything!

Lance and Becky said...

What a fun time, I love guitar hero! I'm a maniac! When the kids go to bed, the guitars come out :)

Megan said...

thats awesome. the snowshoe adventure looks like it was beautiful! what a fun weekend.

Brooke S. said...

Ginny,
I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who liked the planning. I've become a crazy person. Your family getaway looks like a blast!

nathan said...

Gin- you are the cutest pregnant girl ever! You look so good! ticket to ride is a pretty good game!!! Looks like so much fun!