Sunday, January 27, 2008

Tubing and Dinner

This weekend we went with Jason's sister Jenny and her husband Jeff and their friends Renee and Ollie to Soldier Hollow in Midway and went tubing. I opted against the tubing at first "just to be safe", but after watching them come down a few times I decided me and the baby would like it and the risks of getting hurt were extremely minimal, so I joined them. It was pretty fun. After tubing we met up with a few more of their friends and ate at the Mountain House Grill. The service left something to be desired, but the food was delicious. It was such a fun night.
Jen modeling her one piece snow suit, she was the envy of us all!
Jen and Jason after a run down the hill
Jason with his tube
Jeff, Jen and I, I felt like the little kid on A Christmas Story, "I can't put my arms down", but I was very warm!
Jason and I outside the restaurant

7 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

I want to do that soooo bad! How fun! I love tubing, you guys will miss it so much when you move, that you will have to come visit us all the time :)

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

How fun!! I love tubing! I used to go all the time when I was little and I rmember not wanting to go home, :) My eyelids ended up getting frozen shut when I blinked. It was because my eyelashed had ice and snow peiced all over them, and they froze when I blinked, it was kinda creepy :)

But I loved it!! Tubing was awesome!

The Evers said...

I want a one piece snow suit, I am totally jealous, I am glad you took the risk and had a fun time! Sorry we never got to finish talking, we need to!

The Hills... said...

We miss seeing you guys at church! You're looking so cute! Looks like your taking advantage of the snow! That reminds me that we need to get out and go sledding!

Anonymous said...

why wasn't i invited?

bren said...

It's always good to be cautious but I think our babies are pretty safe in there as long as we're careful. Kinlee went on the Jurassic Park ride at Universal Studios about a month before she was even born! I know, that's bad... but I had been on it in years previous & knew there was nothing too intense. :) I didnt want to miss out on ALL the fun! Glad you had fun sledding, that does look like fun. I wish it weren't so cold so we could go too!

Megan said...

you go girl! you and only you know whats good/safe for your baby, with a few exceptions perhaps ;) im glad you had a fun time. it looks awesome!