Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving in PA

We had an awesome Thanksgiving. We were lucky enough to go back to Pennsylvania to see my Mom's side of the family. She has 8 brothers and sisters. We used to go back to PA every summer when I was growing up so we have stayed very close with everyone. Jason and I have been back twice since we have been dating/married, but this time we got to be there at the same time as my whole family. Saturday we watched my cousin Nathaniel play football for his high school. He is the quarterback and he did awesome, they won 34-7!! Every Sunday my Grandma has the whole family over for dinner which is one of my favorite traditions. Monday we went with my Dad, brother and little sister to Gettysburg. I have been to Gettysburg many times because my Dad is a huge history buff, but Jason had never been so I figured he should get some history in during our visit. You can buy a CD and drive around the city and someone narrates where everything happened. Tuesday was my birthday, my Mom and sisters and I went and got manicures, and did some shopping. On Wednesday (which was Jason and I's 4 year anniversary) we had my birthday dinner and everyone came over for cake and ice cream. Thursday was Thanksgiving obviously which was so good, I thought I was going to die, I ate soooo much, I could hardly breathe. Friday we took family pictures, then Jason and I had to drive to Pittsburgh to fly out. It was a wonderful trip and we can't wait to go back again.  Note: there are a lot of pictures on the post and this is only about 1/4 of the pictures I took, Jason is going to add an album to our website if you want to see the others, click here. 


My Uncle Doug and Aunt Pam have chickens and Alyssa LOVED them, here is Lys and Letty


Lys convinced Leah to hide behind a chair with her, we are all pretty much putty in Alyssa's hands


Letty and I after church, this was one of the only days it snowed, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't freezing!


Letty and Lys eating the snow, they aren't really around snow very often so it was a big deal


Jason playing cards with the guys, my Dad, Uncle Doug, and Uncle Jack


Letty and I on the way to Gettysburg


Jason, me, Jack and Letty watching the interactive map at Gettysburg, it gives you a good idea of where the battles happened


Jason and I at one of the Gettysburg monuments


Letty, Jack and I


Letty and I at the Virginia Memorial


Jason, I thought this was a cool little road, all of the battles basically happened in big open fields like the one to Jason's right, although while we were driving through town we could see bullet holes in a lot of the buildings


My Dad (our tour guide) and my brother Jack


Letty and I doing a reinactment


This is were a really important battle happened, Letty and I are hiding behind the rock wall


Jack and Jason


Me and my Mom and sisters at the nail place


Me getting my manicure, the guy asked me if someone was getting married cause we kept taking pictures, I told him that is just the way we roll


My sister Chrissy and I


I love my husband


My sisters love my husband too!!


Playing spoons, I think I will have some scars from this game


Grandma, Letty, Lys, Mom, Chris, me and Jason


Chrissy, Leah and I


Me and Jack


Joey and I blowing out my candles


Chrissy, Bekah, Joshua, Nathaniel, Nicole, Lydia, Letty, Joey, Lys, and me


Joey and Lys riding Nathaniel


Me, Bekah, Letty, Chrissy and Lydia


Lys posing at the chicken coup, she is such a ham for the camera



Me and Lys swinging


My parents bought her a make up set and it had these jewels, she wore them most of the day


The next few pictures is everyone at Thanksgiving dinner





Jason watching football with my Dad, Jason has lots of questions, my Dad has lots of answers


Jason and I with my sweet Grandma, she takes such good care of us while we are home, and I always come home a few pounds heavier!


Jason and I with my parents

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

just to inform you... you spelled BEKAH's name wrong and it isn't sara in that one picture its NICOLE. just wanted to let you know of your errors.

love,
Letty, Chrissy and Bekah

Miller Family said...

My bad, I fixed it.

Stacie said...

I think Letty and Chrissy need to back off!! It looks like you guys had a fun filled week. Alyssa is getting so big!! I liked the pictures is Gettysburg. I would like to go there someday. But, where was your mom? Just not into the whole history thing?

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had fun! Missed your guys at thanksgiving. But rumor has it everyone will be home for christmas I cant wait! See u at christmas!

The Evers said...

Your sisters are so funny! I guess now that I have talked to you I will post a comment, I dont feel quite like a giant piece of crap anymore, more like a small turd! So your cousin Lydia looks like she could be your sister! How fun for you guys! I love seeing your whole family, and I know I already told you but Alyssa is so cute! I love the sticker picture. She is priceless!

The Evers said...

Not Lydia, Leah... Whoops. Lydia is a lot more blond then the rest of you! Oh and I love the pic of you and Alyssa in the swing too!

Dan and Ashley said...

It looks like you guys had a GREAT Thanksgiving! So fun--I'm glad you got to see so much family, that is always the best. BTW---your hair looks so cute. Did you darken it? Love it. Also, your birthday purse is so adorable. AND Happy Birthday!!!!!!

~Ashley Dawn Photography~ said...

That is so fun!! I have always wanted to go there! Look amazing! I love travling to see family! I makes it worth it! and then you have to travel back... when depending can or can not be as exciting LOL I AM GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD THANKSGIVING!!

Meriel Frandsen said...

Hey! Sounds like your thanksgiving was such a blast. I love Gettysburg, as I am a big history buff too.

I need to give you back your iwork/life - email me your phone number so I can coordinate when to drop them off!! - meriel.frandsen@gmail.com